Wins and losses for eight figures I've gotten to know really well

By StormKnight, in Anima: Tactics

At the start of last year I finally had the chance to try Anima Tactics, picking up the two starters. I then used some FFG credit to get a few more minis. When I had all those painted, I placed an order for another bunch.

And got downsized that day, leading me to cancel the order.

As a result of lack of funds, I've been playing with the same eight minis for the last year, so I've been getting to know them really well. Thought I'd share their win/loss records for anyone who's curious.

Alis Testerossa: 11 wins, 5 losses.

Alis had a long winning streak; her combination of hard hitting speedy power and her ability to hit and run makes her capable of really taking out foes fast. She's especially hand when supported by Evangeline; being able to heal and get armored up helps her a lot. She started being on the losing side more as we got the hang of really pounding on her at the first opportunity to deny her the chance to use her brutal charges more than once.

Evangeline: 9 wins, 9 losses

With useful support abilities, Evangeline depends very much on who she's supporting. She needs to be kept well protected, but her armor and healing can be a huge benefit to her side.

Kronnen: 15 wins, 6 losses

The hardest lesson to learn with Kronnen was the opposite of the lesson to learn for everyone else. Don't defend! He's got the armor and life points to take it, and he needs to make all the attacks he can to get a chance to connect, since he does immense damage if he does hit.

Kirsten: 8 wins, 10 losses

Kirsten is tricky; her attacks don't do a lot of damage, so you really need to use her special abilities to make several opponent's burn actions. I almost never manage to use her "attack everyone in range" power.

Takanosuke: 5 wins, 5 losses. With Dark Glyph: 2 wins, 3 losses

I'm still not sure how to best use Takanosuke. I think he does a lot better keeping at range (and hidden). Dark Takanosuke's Berserk can be...interesting. He spent one whole game standing around berserking behind a rock since he didn't have LOS to anyone! (and yet his team won...)

Bael: 8 wins, 11 losses

Bael suffered from a long running rules misunderstanding; we though you resisted by rolling equal to or greater than the effect, which costs her nasty effects a 10% chance of success. She's a bit of a wildcard; a single paralysis or berserk that gets through can really devastate the enemy, but if she gets resisted, she's ineffective. Getting the actions to use her paralyze and not die is quite tricky, and learning to not let her is essential to fighting her.

Dark Cheshire: 8 wins, 11 losses

I'm baffled at why Cheshire doesn't win more - his Summon attack is devastating! It was, I think, an early lesson to keep pressure on him to make it hard for him to use it.

Samiel: 5 wins, 11 losses

I'm surprised by Samiel as well. He's incredibly durable with his undying ability, and I know his sword has caused some major anguish (at some point he nicked Kronnen for 1 point, and then I failed the Doom roll, losing a nearly full health Kronnen - argh!)

Just thought I'd share the records thus far. My girlfriend got me several new minis for my birthday and Christmas, so I've got a few new characters to add to the mix now!

The figures i currently own are:

Kronen Roxxon

Saint Evangeline

Khaine-D'Lacreu

Cordelia Rosalind - Dark Faction

Freya - Dark Faction

Yuki - Neutral Faction

so my 200 point games consist of Evangeline, Kronen, and Khaine.

though in reality when i play a 300 point game i would like to have the following team:

Teams for 300 and 30 for feats and weapons: Gamma
Team Council (Evangeline and Astraega) 90pt + Khaine 50pt + Nero 50 pt + Kronen 40pt - 280
Team Council - 5pt
Super Weapon - 10pt Kronen
Super Weapon - 10pt Nero
Raphael's Gift - 5pt Khaine D'lacrue
Presence - 10pt Evangeline
Presence - 10pt Astraega
Total = 300 (280 for characters and 30/20(remainder) for advantage/equipments/plots)

So i need the Team council advantage, raphaels Gift, Presence, Nero, and Astraega.

point is, Have Evangeline and Astraega's Field increase so their abilities can always heal up the characters that will be attacking. Use Khaine D'lacrue to protect the Council and run with Nero and Kronen for some damage.

For the record, we haven't played with consistent teams in any way or form. In fact, a lot of the games we've just dealt characters randomly then assigned equipment to balance out the point value. Very casual games, and with limited model variety we wanted variety in other ways.

Sometimes the results were surprising. I was tempted to vote for a redeal on Evageline, Bael and Kirsten vs. Cheshire, Samiel and Kronnen, thinking it would be no contest, but the mystic team actually won!

krazykidpsx said:

The figures i currently own are:

Kronen Roxxon

Saint Evangeline

Khaine-D'Lacreu

Cordelia Rosalind - Dark Faction

Freya - Dark Faction

Yuki - Neutral Faction

so my 200 point games consist of Evangeline, Kronen, and Khaine.

though in reality when i play a 300 point game i would like to have the following team:

Teams for 300 and 30 for feats and weapons: Gamma
Team Council (Evangeline and Astraega) 90pt + Khaine 50pt + Nero 50 pt + Kronen 40pt - 280
Team Council - 5pt
Super Weapon - 10pt Kronen
Super Weapon - 10pt Nero
Raphael's Gift - 5pt Khaine D'lacrue
Presence - 10pt Evangeline
Presence - 10pt Astraega
Total = 300 (280 for characters and 30/20(remainder) for advantage/equipments/plots)

So i need the Team council advantage, raphaels Gift, Presence, Nero, and Astraega.

point is, Have Evangeline and Astraega's Field increase so their abilities can always heal up the characters that will be attacking. Use Khaine D'lacrue to protect the Council and run with Nero and Kronen for some damage.

Going through the book, Team cards are counted towards the amount of Advantage cards we can have in a team, so Nero loses the Super Weapon and gains a Raphael's Gift.

StormKnight said:

For the record, we haven't played with consistent teams in any way or form. In fact, a lot of the games we've just dealt characters randomly then assigned equipment to balance out the point value. Very casual games, and with limited model variety we wanted variety in other ways.

Sometimes the results were surprising. I was tempted to vote for a redeal on Evageline, Bael and Kirsten vs. Cheshire, Samiel and Kronnen, thinking it would be no contest, but the mystic team actually won!

You know, i dont see any "Character discussions" ill post one up for players to scope out. :) variety is good, I just really like testing out strategies a bit more consistantly. Sure playing random character games are fun, but sometimes you want to out think an opponent before hand ;)

Perhaps you do, but I don't :) But I know I'm weird.

I actually don't enjoy any "out of game" elements to a game. And besides, thus far I've only ever played with all this set of minis! :D

Now, a drafting mechanism might be interesting...hmmm...

Drafting could be easy, all players start you could even do "buy drafting" as in everybody bids per character and increases that characters level in increments of 5.

so were both starting with a Khaine D'lacrue (example) shes worth 50 points, ill give up 50 of my 300 to pick her up. you bid 55 to pick her up i bid 60 to pick her up instead, you decide 65 is too much and so i take Khaine @ 60 points so im left with only 240 points. To spend on the rest of my team since all players have a set of points for their plots, equips, and powers there is no need for that. Im not sure, do you guys play with the Advantage cards?