2010 Aussie Anima Demo's - [2010 Schedule Concluded - Dec 11]

By Raith, in Anima: Tactics

"For all those who came in late..." - Lee Falk

This thread is to announce the various Demonstrations and other non-convention Activities I will be hosting throughout the year. If anyone else wants to run an (Anima Tactics) event in Australia and would like to post their day here, feel free.

Valentines Demonstration

Location of Demonstrations:
Mind Games, Melbourne,. 244 Swanston Street in the heart of the CBD, Victoria, Australia.

For specific information post questions here or email: [email protected]

- Raith
Free Agent 005

Demonstration Event #18
After Action Report

-

The first Demo Day of 2010 was a pretty big day, all the players from my previous Campaign turned up to say hi and participate in a few matches.

Gathering.jpg

Throughout the day I ran a single demonstration for a newcomer called Jess who then participated in a quick 150 point match using a Samael team against Wissenscraft. The battle could have gone anyway but for the first time Ceshire’s Summun attack failed to land turn after turn allowing Lucanor’s agents to slowly batter away at their enemies.

Furious.jpg

Over the afternoon I spoke to a variety of people who stopped to watch games and inquire about Anima and what other events I host and a number of people took fliers and asked when the next demonstration game would occur and I am looking forward to the event at the end of the Month.

- Raith

DEMONSTRATION EVENT #19
Saturday 27th February 2010

ATDemoBannerv2small.jpg

This Saturday February 27 , Mind Games (City Store) will be hosting Anima: Tactics demonstrations for all those who wish to learn about the game, play some friendly matches and meet others who play.

A basic demonstration takes about half an hour and even if I am busy Demoing for others I am more than happy to split my time and answer questions or multi-play the demonstrations.

Mind Games, Melbourne,. 244 Swanston Street in the heart of the CBD, Victoria, Australia.
Time:
12:00noon till 5:30pm, Saturday 27th February

- Raith

DEMONSTRATION EVENT #19
Saturday Feb 27th

After Action Report

It was a very quiet Demo Day this last Saturday, so quiet I didn’t have to run a single demonstration, instead I supervised a pair of 300 point battles, the first between James and Mecha who wanted to test out their possible armies for BLOOD WILL TELL next months tournament.

G01.jpg

Cordellia is revealed in turn 1 and forced to fall back from her vantage point but Aliss quickly closes

G01_maneuvres.jpg

Unfortunately the game took a bit long and James had to split before its conclusion. Following this Jordan challenged Mecha to a similar battle. To make sure the game was to all the rules the pair fought under an 80 minute time limit. Their battle went up until 5 o’clock with only Goethia and Arkeid left on the table as the time ran out.

G02.jpg

Despite the lack of Demonstrations the Shop sold a number of figures as well as yet again selling out of their copies of the Rulebook, I barely had to open my mouth to convince one guy to pick up a copy.

Battle Report

Light v The 3 Dragons

During the second 300 level match I helped out an old friend who had just decided to get into Anima (He had played it at Arcanacon). We settled on a quick 150 level game. Nick took Kronnen, Evangaline and Daniella while I continued my current plan to use all my figures at least once; in this case I took the Three Dragons, Li Long, Jiang and Lin Pao.

The battle began with Daniella taking the high ground the Dragons clustered out of view behind some ruins for as long as possible but the open ground meant they soon moved into the snipers sights

G03_leavingcover.jpg

Kronnen strode forward into prime interception range while Evangaline climbed some stair to hide behind the archer. Daniella shot at Jiang hoping to detonate her Shooting Star ability but a gust of wind from Jiang’s staff sent the shot into the ground safely.

G03_openground.jpg

The following round started with Jiang springing forward, crashing into the exposed Kronnen with his Sister replicating the move in his wake. Each charge staggered the warrior but a quick heal from Evangaline set him right.

A moment later Li Long ambled up, despite his age the Old Master was able to reach his students and Kronnen and was able to unleash the full fury of Heaven and Earth smashing through his opponents armour despite an attempt to counter with Scarlet Heartbeat.

G03_tenjyotenge.jpg

Reckoning that Kronnen could survive, Daniella fired from her perch into the combat, but the shot was aimed at Lin Pao who danced aside easily.

G03_Daniellasview.jpg

Jiang and Lin struck at Kronnen hoping to deal some damage to the tank but their efforts where soon reversed by Evangaline. Again Li Long struck in combination with his students the second blow was more than enough to finish off Kronnen despite the priestesses healing and protection magic.

With Kronnen down and Daniella failing to connect, Jiang and Lin leap up the side of the ruins to strike at Evangaline who quickly fell.

G03_Evangalinefalls.jpg

Taking the long way Li Long shambled up the ruins steps to grapple with Daniella before throwing her off the side of the building… a mistake that almost cost Lin Pao her life as Daniella recovered from the fall and launched an arrow in retaliation.

Not to be perturbed the Dragons leap from the building and raced over to finish Daniella off with a barrage of blows from Lin.

G03_followingthefall.jpg

Well that was the just of the Demonstration Day, next month will see a variation from the normal routine as there is no event early in the month and a massive 2 day Tournament scheduled for its end.

- Raith

DEMONSTRATION EVENT #20
BONUS EVENT!
Monday March 8th 2010

ATDemoBannerv2small.jpg

Seeing as Monday is a public Holiday in my parts I will be hosting a Bonus Demonstration Day for all those who normally like to keep their weekends free. This Monday, March 8, Mind Games (City Store) will be hosting Anima: Tactics demonstrations for all those who wish to learn about the game, play some friendly matches and meet others who play.

A basic demonstration takes about half an hour and even if I am busy Demoing for others I am more than happy to split my time and answer questions or multi-play the demonstrations.

Time:
12:00noon till 5:30pm, Monday 8th March

- Raith

Good time's...........

DEMONSTRATION EVENT #20
BONUS EVENT!
Monday March 8th 2010

After Action Report

Like most of my good Demonstration Day's I was unfortunately so busy showing people the game and adjudicating rules questions that I forgot to take pictures until it was in the latter stages. So this will be a quick report.

The day started with some shoppers browsing over the miniatures I had on display and it wasn't long before I got my first interested parties. I ran through two swift Demo games the first between a walk-in and old friend who finally got some time off to come along and learn to play the game he already had figures for.

During the second demonstration the first of the regulars rocked up as well as another friend of mine with his fiance who are now well and truly involved in the game as they walked out with 150 levels each and on the hunt for the main rulebook which has sold out again.

03082010.jpg

During the later portion of the day things moved with a few practice matches in preparation for BLOOD WILL TELL and the campaign I will be running following that.

The final match of the day saw Isaac with his Wissenscraft trying to overturn Jordans Azur Alliance team.

03082010a.jpg

The match for the great part was very straight forward even with the large team sizes. Wissenscraft constantly tried to engage Azur in close combat only to end up either being Ordered to death or stalemate or crushed by charging second-line attackers.

03082010b.jpg

Poor Lorenzo, even with his massive charge distance he ended up half an inch shy. HE along with much of Isaacs team was consistently out-rolled by Azur's defenses.

03082010c.jpg

The end of the match developed with an all in brawl that saw the end of Wissenscrafts chances quickly.

03082010d.jpg

- Raith

DEMONSTRATION EVENT #21

Saturday April 10th 2010

ATDemoBannerv2small.jpg

While this is somewhat late notice this Saturday, April 10 , Mind Games (City Store) will be hosting Anima: Tactics demonstrations for all those who wish to learn about the game.

A basic demonstration takes about half an hour and even if I am busy Demoing for others I am more than happy to split my time and answer questions or multi-play the demonstrations. Even if you are not interested in a demonstration feel free to by and have a look at what is happening or if you already know how to play Anima take the opportunity to play some games.

Time:
12:00noon till 5:30pm, Saturday 10th April

- Raith

Demonstration Event #21

After Action Report

Saturday April 10, 2010

-

Wow, this weekend was busy. I had people waiting for me right from the moment I got into Mind Games and they weren’t the usual crowd. Unfortunately I was so busy I didn’t take many pictures… turns out I didn’t take many at all… oh well.

Straight up I had a demonstration with a young man who had come along to watch some of the Tournament “BLOOD WILL TELL” he and a friend were ready to go, overly so as they had already been to buy some figures (A Dark Starter and Yuri Olsen as well as some others) Chesire and Bael were painted and so I provided Yuri and Evangaline for the opposing force.

Like a lot of my Demonstrations I ran it with two people learning at the same time (And yes I know Yuri is a leader, I purposefully overlooked that).

The match was pretty quick with the boys having read the basic Starter rules, I hastened through a description of the cards stats and abilities and things go underway with Yuri taking the lead and Bael getting a bit to far ahead of Chesire. Despite the witch being out the front she survived against Yuri long enough for Chesire to get into battle. Seals were cast, healing applied, Holy Armour bolstered Yuri and Chesire was undone by Queen’s Round despite levelling a couple of massive Summun’s that Yuri barely withstood.

During the first demonstration I was swamped by four other newcomers plus “Fallecs” and “BlueOrange”. While I ran another 2 for 1 Demonstration BlueOrange selected another starter force to sho one of his friends the ropes while Fallecs waited for some table space to have a game with his mate.

The Aftermath of Demo #2 was a bit heated…

DD041010_Fight.jpg

The lengths some people go to check line of sight… or is the guy on the right just taking a nap…

DD041010_LoS.jpg

The Day wrapped up with a couple of 100/150 point matches and some quiet discussion of possible tactics and the rules form my upcoming Campaign.

- Raith

DEMONSTRATION EVENT #22
Saturday May 8th 2010

Demonstration Event

This coming Saturday, May 8th , Mind Games (City Store) will be hosting Anima: Tactics demonstrations for all those who wish to learn about the game.

A basic demonstration takes about half an hour and even if I am busy Demoing for others I am more than happy to split my time and answer questions or multi-play the demonstrations. Even if you are not interested in a demonstration feel free to by and have a look at what is happening or if you already know how to play Anima take the opportunity to play some games.

Those wishing to use this day to participate in matches for my Campaign: Dark is the Fallen Sky are welcome to do so.

Time:
12:00noon till 5:30pm, Saturday 8th May

- Raith

DEMONSTRATION DAY #22
After Action Report
May 8

Demonstration Day 22 looked like it was going to be a very quiet day, despite arriving on time and ready for a full day of teaching the store and my table sat deserted for the first hour.

Thankfully just when I was getting ready to consider the day a loss and turn to some reading my regular crew of Campaigners arrived to liven up the room with a couple of campaign matches (See appropriate thread).

Unfortunately I ended up having a bad camera day and none of the pictures taken turned out very good so I will spare you all the blurriness of them.

- Raith

DEMONSTRATION EVENT #23
Saturday June 12th 2010

Demonstration event

This coming Saturday, June 12th , Mind Games (City Store) will be hosting Anima: Tactics demonstrations for all those who wish to learn about the game.

Those wishing to use this day to participate in matches for my Campaign: Dark is the Fallen Sky are welcome to do so.

Time:
12:00noon till 5:30pm, Saturday 12th June

- Raith

Demonstration Event #23

After Action Report
Saturday June 12, 2010

-

This past weekend I ran another Demonstration Day. Due to most of the Universities having their exams and the chill weather I had been expecting a very slow and quiet day. And for the most part it was.

For the first hour I had lunch, sat about and twiddled my thumbs. A few passerby stopped to gawk at the collection and eventually Isaac turned up to keep me company.

It wasn't until about half past three that I scored my first participant. A very young kid was trying to explain to his father about miniature games and he jumped at the chance to actually play a small demo. Which I was soundly beaten in.

Not long after that I ran a second demonstration for an Italian couple who had recently moved to Australia while the guy was interested in the game his wife was going to paint the figures for him.

Demo2.jpg

Following their demo they asked alot of questions, what mini's to get, how to build a team, what paints are good, how to paint etc. It was a pretty in-depth conversation that lead up to closing and they walked out with a batch of paints and Kujaku-hime to start with. Though I suspect from the email I got that night they will be back for more soon.

- Raith

I know this probably isn't the right area to post this, but i'd like to thank you for introducing me to the game.

SH4DOWSL4Y3R said:

I know this probably isn't the right area to post this, but i'd like to thank you for introducing me to the game.

Heh, this area is fine. Glad I could get you into the game.

- Raith

DEMONSTRATION EVENT #24
Saturday July 10th 2010

Demonstration Day

This coming Saturday, July 10th , Mind Games (City Store) will be hosting Anima: Tactics demonstrations for all those who wish to learn about the game.

Time:
12:00noon till 5:30pm, Saturday 10th July

- Raith

just out of curiousity, what brand of terrain is it that you are using in these pictures? i would like to get a few of those pieces myself, and was wondering where to get them from.

Some of it is GW, Some of it is hand made. However I'm guessing your asking after the ruins which is made by this compnay...

www.miniaturescenery.com/index.asp

An aussie company that makes terrain out of mdf which is pre-cut, you take it off the "sprue" and whack it together.

I am told the painting was done using this gravel-spray paint stuff which leaves a rough textured undercoat on objects you then give it a spray with a grey base coat and apply a few highlights and its done.

- Raith

thanks a bunch for that, i think i'll pool some cash for the large fortress set after i buy my next batch of minis.

Demonstration Event #24

After Action Report
Saturday July 10, 2010

-

Another Demonstration Day wanders by… well not wanders. This weekend was pretty active with a few games and I guess what you would call advanced Tactics lessons rather than normal Demonstrations as the games where played by people who have learnt the basics and now looking to put together some solid teams.

001.jpg

Andrew wanted to try out a Church force with a Summon which worked out not so well as his force (Hazael, Aliss, Astreaga and Elhaim) fell apart facing off against Mecha’s well honed skills with Wissencraft teams. (In this case Hiro, Goethia, Lorenzo and Feng Yi)

002.jpg

Over in the second game both James and Sen took their time playing two 150 point games trying to get a handle on their respective sides. James had suffered pretty nasty defeats at the previous event with an Empire force containing both Kronnen and Odin so I suggested a few changes (Daniella, Samiel and Kronnen) which saw him win twice against Sen who was playing a little too cautiously for the Samael strike force he selected (Bael, Cheshire and Kairos).

003.jpg

I’m fairly confident despite the outcome of the match they now understand how to better utilize each persons force.

The day also saw a number of people stop by to look at the mayhem or browse through the Mini’s. I'm hoping that some might join us in the future for some actually gaming.

- Raith
Free Agent 005

DEMONSTRATION EVENT #25
Saturday the 14th and Sunday the 15th

ATDDD.jpg

This coming weekend will see some catch-up time for Anima. On both Saturday the 14th and Sunday the 15th of August , Mind Games (City Store) will be hosting Anima: Tactics demonstrations for all those who wish to learn about the game, play some friendly matches and meet others who play.

These days are also available for use with my Campaign event, Dark is the Fallen Sky.

Time:
12:00noon till 5:30pm, Sat and Sun, 14th, 15th of August

- Raith

Double Demonstration Event #25

After Action Report
Saturday August 14th and Sunday August 15th, 2010

-

So this past weekend I ran a 2 day, double demonstration event. It was a pretty cool couple of days. Saturday saw a lot of action despite it being a bit bleak outside. I had three of my regulars rock up and a couple of wanderers who had learned of my Demo's without contacting me first, I guess Anima is really starting to spread.

So my first demo was pretty much awaiting my arrival and we got into things, it was straight forward, Light v Dark with Cheshire and Bael winning, the second Demoer arrived later in the day and had the guided tour (Dark one again though it was close with Kronnen beating the paralyze checks), the demo then turned into advice about how to paint the figures, what colours techniques and other hobby related information.

081410.jpg

While all this happened there were a couple of Match and a single event for my Campaign.

Sunday was a different sort of day, I ran another demo and talked shop for mot of the day while helping one of the newer recruits face off in battle against Isaac in a 150point match, Dark (Konnosuke, Kairos, Colonel) v Wanderers (Takanosuke, Kujaku and Tsubasa), the Dark Side ended up coming out on top.

A great weekend for all.

- Raith

SEPTEMBER SUPER DEMONSTRATION MONTH
Event #26

Saturday the 11th and Sunday the 12th
Saturday the 18th and Sunday the 19th
Saturday the 25th and Sunday the 26th

SSE.jpg

September is a special month for Anima, it’s been two years since I started running Anima Demonstrations and I feel the need for more.

For the next three weekends I will be at Mind Games ( City Store ) hosting my regular games on both Saturday and Sunday’s for all those who wish to learn about the game, play some friendly matches and meet others who play.

In addition to the demonstrations these days are available for people to play in my Campaign: Dark is the Fallen Sky.

A basic demonstration takes about half an hour and even if I am busy Demoing for others I am more than happy to split my time and answer questions or multi-play the demonstrations. If I am distracted with helping other people please forgive my inattention and tap me on the shoulder, if I can’t fit you in for a demo on one day there will be plenty more.

Time:
12:00noon till 5:00pm,

Dates:
Sat and Sun 11th, 12th, Sat and Sun 18th, 19th, Sat and Sun 25th, 26th

- Raith

Part 1

Saturday the 11th and Sunday the 12th

Time for a quick report…

My first weekend of demonstrations and campaigning has passed. Saturday was a pretty good day, nice and busy with my time spent running a few demos, and supervising a few matches between my regulars.

Sunday was much more quiet with only an aborted match late in the day as the time ran out but I spoke to several customers about the game, ran through some painting tips with a guy who had been to the last demonstration events and basically took it easy.

Out of the Demonstrations I ran on Saturday it was against this guy that I remember the most. A charge from Cheshire against Kronnen ended up 1 inch short, Kronnen stepped up an hit the defenseless Cheshire, followed a moment later in a supremely brave move by Evangaline who finished him off for max damage.

0911_2.jpg

The game on sunday saw a fight around some ruins with Samael trying to avoid line of sight from Cordelia, though the sniper (Cloaked to look like a rock) still managed to draw a bead to Cheshire each round.

0912_2.jpg

- Raith

Part 2

Saturday the 18th and Sunday the 19th

Another fun weekend has rolled by, this week there were no demonstrations but I got to show off my collection to a lot of people and the events happening in the background brought a few onlookers to the tables.

Things started out pretty normal on Saturday, as I set up I chatted to Sprue (The guy who two years ago had my first demonstration) he has since gotten into sculpting so I had a peak at his work and some painting he had done. Before I finished that conversation another old friend rocked on by and said hello.

Following the mini reunion the weekend proceeded apace with my regular crew stopping in across the two days to get some serious gaming complete. All up it was pretty much a status quo type of weekend answering questions about the game, the mini’s and talking paint shop with people.

RandomGame.jpg

- Raith