[DH1] Some Q&A I had with a producer about The Inquisitor's Handbook (Questions 21-30)

By ThenDoctor, in Dark Heresy

21. Following up how would you determine the random non minor powers a nascent may get?
————— > Right now, I’d use the DH2 Spook table :)
22. What made the team choose to go with Volonx Thunderclap instead Bang-a-rang? That's what they were called in the old Black Industries planet information stuff.
———— > No idea there, sorry. It’s possible when the planet info was collected that name was taken from an earlier draft.
23. Are the Scar Dragons of Monrass the Scar Wyrms of the size table descriptions?
———— > Nope. Latter are much, much bigger.
24. If a Skem Net is deployed by an arrow, does it affect the roll to hit at all? Similarly how would it be deployed in a more advanced manner? As a grenade (through a launcher)?
———— > Nope. And yes, it could be fitted into a grenade housing and fired via a grenade launcher.
25. How would a Null Field stop a torch from working? Or is it the britich torch in the sense it's a flashlight?
———— > It’s more about the field stopping psychic powers; the “preventing” part is a catch-all for any other situation where more expected lighting would be used.
26. Can Spitfire shells be used in any other bolt weapons (or weapons in general)? Or only the Volg Pattern?
———— > Probably not, as their size is designed for that pistol.
27. How much does a dose of Strixis Tincture cost and how rare is it? It is the usual payload of the Hypo pistol.
———— > On its own I’d say use the same cost/rarity as the dart itself for simplicity’s sake. The darts are mass manufactured and are likely dirt cheap themselves.
28. How would poisoned or explosive darts affect the Cadence's profile respectively? As well, how expensive/rare would they be?
———— > It would really depend on the exact poison or explosive. You could just add the appropriate qualities to the profile to get the desired result, with the GM then determining a new cost/rarity if needed.
29. Is the Mariette also produced by Belasco?
———— > Nope.
30. Was it ever discussed which thane makes the .54 Tranter? I'd assume Westinkrup since it's made in the Infernis area, but I could always be wrong.
———— > Did you mean “fane?” Westingkrup could be making them, but I’d imagine they come from others on the side too.