Thinking How I might incorporate Mansions into Arkham Horror Card game Campaign.

By Jake Weaver, in Mansions of Madness

Given there is no official way to run a campaign with Mansions of madness, i'm musing on how I might utilise Arkham Horror LCG and blend the MoM scenarios in as stand-alone scenarios for characters on campaign. Sadly they haven't included a great many more overlapping 'gator with the upcoming expansions BUT i think there is currently enough to give it a tilt. ( Jenny, Ashcan, Minh, Akachi, Wendy at least)

I could see that victory points for MoM could be set equal to the difficulty of the scenario - with perhaps the possibility of additional for a storys significant act ( Defeat major foe - solve significant puzzle?).

ArkHorC characters who had suffered madness and trauma would simply start with the equivalent hits to stamina and sanity- although it might be prudent to look at it as hits as a rounded ratio if there was a lot of disparity in the stats between the two games. .. eg Jenny has 8/6 health/san in MoM and 8/7 in ArkHorC

I'm less certain how you might enable spent experience points from ArkHorc to be capitalized upon in MoM setup. Additional items of some sort perhaps? Or even additional Clues?

Anyone have any other interesting suggestions?

Wow neat idea. I was going to do something similar with my COC rpg and MOM 1ed. (No app). I was designing out the part of the masks of Nyarlathotep as a MOM scene. Never came together though. Please keep us posted on this idea and what you manage.

To proxy experience: simply use the Improvement tokens coming with Streets of Arkham. For each let's say 3 XP spent, you gain an improvement token in a stat of your choice

That's a crafty idea Julia, I like it. Could add the the choice of - common items, improvement tokens or clues up front as ways to spend XP.

I might consider letting the mission go on until half the party is dead or insane instead of at the first too as a house rule, to fit in more with Arkham horro LCG play.