Figrin D'an's Good Time Drive Yards

By Themodalnodes, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

And now for some ST ships, the Resistance Starfortresses - Cobalt and Crimson Squadron.
Spoiler Alert: I liked this movie, and loved this scene (and ship design).

" Sir , Resistance Bombers incoming"

"Of course they are "

IMG7166.jpg

IMG7172.jpg

IMG7170.jpg

IMG7173.jpg

I'll be using these for some B-Wing replacements, and am looking at picking up Mel's MC-85 soon to go alongside these guys!

Goodness, these are some of the finest squadron paintings I've ever seen. I especially appreciate the little details and the added mods/miniatures.

7 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Goodness, these are some of the finest squadron paintings I've ever seen. I especially appreciate the little details and the added mods/miniatures.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate it!

I don't quite get as much time to play as I like, so the craftwork on the models gives me some more time with Armada.
Next step will be getting the proper equipment to photograph them. I've just finished up some Z-95's that deserve some decent photgraphy haha

On 2/13/2018 at 11:41 AM, Themodalnodes said:

Couple of shots of my very quick Chimaera ISD I conversion.
Will circle back on this soon to do the turrets & running lights as per my last ISD I, but for now I'm off to the US for 2 weeks!

Got rid of the classic FFG mismatched panels (looks way better as a fresh ship of the line)

IMG6765.jpg

IMG6766.jpg

IMG6767.jpg

Great work!

I'm especially interested in how you removed the FFG paneling. Was there a specific colour you used? and did you repaint the whole thing minus the chimaera sigil? I just did a repaint of some GR75's to the bone white seen in the films, and I'm also considering repainting my ISD's to match the R1 and original film schemes, but I'm a little nervous with such a big model.

8 hours ago, Admiral Litje said:

Great work!

I'm especially interested in how you removed the FFG paneling. Was there a specific colour you used? and did you repaint the whole thing minus the chimaera sigil? I just did a repaint of some GR75's to the bone white seen in the films, and I'm also considering repainting my ISD's to match the R1 and original film schemes, but I'm a little nervous with such a big model.

@Admiral Litje Thanks a lot! :)

For the Chimaera I simply painted over the Mismatched panels, with a mix of Citadel Administratum Grey and a little Ulthuan Grey.

I previously completely repainted an ISD to more closely match the look of the ANH & R1 destroyers, but wasn't game to try it again just yet haha. You can check out the method on the previous page of this thread. Here's an in game pic of it vs the classic FFG destroyer for colour comparison.

IMG5682.jpg

On 8/5/2017 at 4:11 AM, Themodalnodes said:

So I've picked up a brush for the first time since painting 40k about 14 years ago and started painting up my Armada fleets.

My colour pallette is super limited at the moment (grabbed a Citadel starter kit & a couple of extras) but I'm gradually picking up more and trying to bring more layers and extras into the miniatures.

I've got some awesome newbies on the way from Mel's which I am dead keen to get painting, but thought I would start sharing what I've done so far.

Trying to stay as close to in-universe examples as possible (with a little branching out or exaggeration). I've included references in the images below where applicable (a lot of Rebels inspo!).

6TIEsd.jpg

Handful of simple TIE's before i start the bulk of the Imperials

.....GOD **** YOU

Now I have to go back and do this to ALL 450 Tie Fighters because I forgot to do the Ion engines in the back.

21 hours ago, Gottmituns205 said:

.....GOD **** YOU

Now I have to go back and do this to ALL 450 Tie Fighters because I forgot to do the Ion engines in the back.

This....

....this made my day :D

im very sympathetic but oh god, i didnt expect to read that hahahaha

@E-Man720

On 5/2/2018 at 12:58 AM, Gottmituns205 said:

.....GOD **** YOU

Hahaha I am so sorry. I would never intentionally put anyone through that

Been a while since I got creative in the Armada space.
Legion has been taking up much of my painting & modelling (but not gameplay!) time.

Still after having some great games of Armada lately I though it time to apply the green stuff to enhance the game space.
See below for the rough progress on first of my Debris Fields - Rebel Sadness. There's an Imperial one on the way with an ISD tower and Gozanti, then onto the painting table!

IMG8373copy.jpg

Debris Field 1 - Rebel Sadness is complete!

IMG8411.jpg IMG8412.jpg

IMG8413.jpg

Next up is the Imperial Debris field with a Star Destoyer tower and Gozanti cruiser. Stay tuned.

These are great as always! I'd love to see you do some debris with some fighters. I want to try some debris myself but I'm not sure how to go about it and always like some inspiration haha

@Themodalnodes What can I say other than terrific work! I’m a huge fan of your Legion paints as well. But the painted window reflection on Slave I might be the most clever bit of miniature painting I’ve seen. Just genius.