Daqan Spoiling Attack

By jcshep19, in Runewars List Building

Excited to try this list out with Elves arrival being imminent. C&C welcome. Short hand of list and Task/Purpose for each unit below.

199pts

-Hawthorne, 34 pt

T/P: Exhaust Regen, Attacks of opportunity

-Kari, 32 pt

T/P: Special Purpose Unit, Flex for objectives, Assassinate HVT's

-3x2 Cav:master weapons, raven tabards, MoI, 55 pt

T/P: Assaulting force, Tabards to 3 charge under volleys/mirrors

-4x1 Archers:Raven Pennon, CQT, 38 pt

T/P: Fire Support, pennon to pre-strike archers/mirrors

-2x2 Spearmen:Artifact bearer, Rallying Conc, 38 pt

T/P: Screening Force for archers, charge in and permanent quickstrike/rally conc

Strategy and Task/Purpose: Really wanted to take advantage of quick, spoiling attacks with this list. Heraldry will let me beat out mirrors or equivalent forces. Naked heroes mitigates their cost while maximizing their effects with Cav and Archers. Think 5 activations is a good balance to have to manage OBJ's but still have strong units.

Think the spearmen are definitely the weak point, originally wanted a 3x2 shield wall, but decided the 2x2 will help the archers with LOS more and ultimately the SW won't help as much for my strategy because my spearmen will be matched against the enemy's biggest unit whenever possible. Artifact Bearer is solely there to provide just a little more damage soak. If I can control the engagement I think the step3 quickstrike from the spearmen followed by a step4+Init archer volley will do a lot to take the bite out of enemy counterattacks.

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks in advance for any critique.

Put tempered Steel in place of master crafted weapons. Cheaper and more likely to use it.

Initially, that was what I had put there, but when I realized I had the points, I decided to "upgrade" to MCW for two reasons:

1. With RRBW, I feel (haven't done the hard math) I have pretty good odds of pulling off 2 surges regularly, at least enough to outweigh-

2. Trying to maximize the damage of the cavalry, I only want to rally when stacked with blight, which means rallying conc and LH (and double surge when I don't need the damage) are my primary means of readying MOI and clearing banes. If I add in another exhaustible, I think I'll get swamped and have to rally. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, jcshep19 said:

Initially, that was what I had put there, but when I realized I had the points, I decided to "upgrade" to MCW for two reasons:

1. With RRBW, I feel (haven't done the hard math) I have pretty good odds of pulling off 2 surges regularly, at least enough to outweigh-

2. Trying to maximize the damage of the cavalry, I only want to rally when stacked with blight, which means rallying conc and LH (and double surge when I don't need the damage) are my primary means of readying MOI and clearing banes. If I add in another exhaustible, I think I'll get swamped and have to rally. Thoughts?

Stack some inspiration on them with Hawthorne first and spend inspi tokens to reset the upgrade?