Semi-Test...These Boards Still Alive?

By Quietus1, in Rogue Trader Gamemasters

I couldn't find these boards on the FFG site after they lost the 40k license. Today on a whim I searched for "40k Rogue Trader RPG Discussion" and ended up here. Are these boards still used/functional (I guess I'll get my functional answer if this post works :P ).

The forum still functions, but do not expect to much activity ;) After all, the product is officially discontinued.

We are here just on life support :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

We are here just on life support :rolleyes:

"Crew went mad, almost them all, captain loses his rigidity, flock of daemons with screwdrivers try to kill our hull stability..."

But yes, we are still alive.

Still bummed they lost the license.

They did not lose the license, they chose not to renew it.

Damned shame! I missed out on the books' releases due to school and other issues. I found some of the books as pdf files and they are awesome! I am presently piecing together a campaign using Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader and Deathwatch, and some material from older, pre-FFG books. I am rather fond of the quality products FFG has released, and now have concerns about the next RPG line; will they measure up?

12 hours ago, Primarch Anubis said:

and now have concerns about the next RPG line; will they measure up? 

Did you mean Black Crusade/Only War/DH2 or new Ulisses game?

On 7/16/2018 at 10:08 PM, Primarch Anubis said:

Damned shame! I missed out on the books' releases due to school and other issues. I found some of the books as pdf files and they are awesome! I am presently piecing together a campaign using Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader and Deathwatch, and some material from older, pre-FFG books. I am rather fond of the quality products FFG has released, and now have concerns about the next RPG line; will they measure up?

You can buy the pdfs through the current license holder through this link:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/3444/Ulisses-Spiele?filters=0_0_44242_0_0&term=warhammer&test_epoch=0

There are only a few pre ffg books though, as FFG got the line back when it was just Dark Heresy around so Core - Disciples.

Ulisses Spiele the current license holder who is making Wrath & Glory is being headed by Ross Watson, one of the big names from FFG back when it was DH - DW, so if you've faith in him, then it should be fine.

Still alive, and still playing it. Keeping an eye on Wrath and Glory, but for the moment it does not seem to include an RT option from the start so we'll be kicking it around in the Koronus Expanse for a long while to come.

Also, trying to infiltrate Iniquity poses a few unique problems for high level RT characters with 'Legend of the Expanse'. Love this game.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:47 AM, ThenDoctor said:

You can buy the pdfs through the current license holder through this link:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/3444/Ulisses-Spiele?filters=0_0_44242_0_0&term=warhammer&test_epoch=0

There are only a few pre ffg books though, as FFG got the line back when it was just Dark Heresy around so Core - Disciples.

Ulisses Spiele the current license holder who is making Wrath & Glory is being headed by Ross Watson, one of the big names from FFG back when it was DH - DW, so if you've faith in him, then it should be fine.

Thank you! Very good to know!

Aside from a Space Hulk, have any of FFG's books included stats for any kinds of Space Stations? And if so which books?

6 hours ago, Primarch Anubis said:

Thank you! Very good to know!

Aside from a Space Hulk, have any of FFG's books included stats for any kinds of Space Stations? And if so which books?

There's Arc of Lost Souls from Deathwatch which is all about the creation of Space Hulks.

Not sure if Rogue Trader covered anything like that.

6 hours ago, Primarch Anubis said:

have any of FFG's books included stats for any kinds of Space Stations? And if so which books?

Wayfarer station in the Corebook, asteroid-based station Bulwark and Ork Rok Production Facility in "The Frozen Reach", description and pic of the Ramilles star fort (Fleet base Metis) in "Battle Fleet Koronus".

There are actually new peoples picking up the game I am really impressed to me it seems the strongest 40k game. We played DH ages ago but did not pick it up again because time reasons with other campaigns
Yes RT has issues too but I guess we can handle that. I prefer the fluff of not being total slave to the depressing Imperium hierarchy like in the other settings.

Our group is starting in two weeks and these forums are by far the best resource especially for fluff and also houserule proposals/issues that can arise and ideas to fix them. Thankfully our GM bought the main books ages ago and we got everything that was still available on Amazon and such.

I'm actually new to the game, so CyberianK is absolutely correct. I've been searching the internet for resources, and keep getting directed here.

On 10/11/2018 at 2:00 PM, Jesatanus said:

I'm actually new to the game, so CyberianK is absolutely correct. I've been searching the internet for resources, and keep getting directed here.

There's some gems here in the forums, but if you're looking for an active community then try r/40krpg and from there the Ordo Discordia.

On 10/10/2018 at 9:20 AM, CyberianK said:

I prefer the fluff of not being total slave to the depressing Imperium hierarchy like in the other settings.

Rogue Traders are still beholden to their Warrant of Trade granters and any ties their familial House has, not to mention direct ties to the Adeptus Terra and Order Famulous for obvious reasons.

On 10/18/2018 at 12:04 PM, ThenDoctor said:

Rogue Traders are still beholden to their Warrant of Trade granters and any ties their familial House has, not to mention direct ties to the Adeptus Terra and Order Famulous for obvious reasons.

Unless they can run fast enough.

Also, I'll be sure to check out that forum.

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Jesatanus said:

Unless they can run fast enough.

Any rogue trader doing that quickly finds they have no resources, no maintenance, and a price on their head as they get excommunicated from their family and the imperium.

They're privateers, not pirates.