Questions about japanese and english cards?

By lunafayt, in Rules Discussions

Ok so i was looking into getting some japanese KH cards since the english ones are not coming out with further sets, just so i could get the cards and try out the ones that were going to be interesting. but i have a few questions about the traslations.

1.Sora(Master Form): its effect:

Discard one “Valor Form” or “Wisdom Form” card off of your Player card and 3 cards from your hand, and then place this card onto your "Sora" Player card. If this card participates in a winning Challenge your opponent loses an additional 1 HP. During Battle you may choose to double Attack or Magic damage. Draw 1 extra card during you Draw Phase.

Is the master form still atllowed to have 2 equipments attached? we all know you have 2 in the actual game, but is that effect lost when you play master form in place of the choosing to double attack or magic? Also if 2 Equipment are attached and you play Master Form, if you cant play 2 on it, would you then have to discard 1?

2. Next is about the YRP set up(Yuna, Rikku, Paine): Yuna's effect:

This card has a special ability; if your “Sora” Player card has “Gullwing” equipped, you can Equip “Yuna” like an equipment, this card doesn’t not count as an Equipment card. If you have “Yuna”, “Rikku” and “Paine” equipped at the same time, their Attack power is doubled. This card can only be discarded from “Sora” when “Gullwing” is discarded.

Rikku's effect:

This card has a special ability; if your “Sora” Player card has “Gullwing” equipped, you can Equip “Rikku” like an equipment, this card doesn’t not count as an Equipment card. If you win a Challenge when this card is equipped, draw a card. This card can only be discarded from “Sora” when “Gullwing” is discarded.

Paine's effect:

This card has a special ability; if your “Sora” Player card has “Gullwing” equipped, you can Equip “Paine” like an equipment, this card doesn’t not count as an Equipment card. This card can only be discarded from “Sora” when “Gullwing” is discarded.

Now the part at the end is what stumps me? When it says that they can only be discarded when gullwing is discarded, does that imply that they ARE discarded at the same time as gullwing?? or does it mean that they will remain equiped and can then be discarded later? Related to that their abilities are activated when you have gullwing equiped, so if gullwing was discarded and they remained attached would their effects be null and void??

3. Now for the effect of Gullwing, its effect:

When this card is Equipped to a “Sora (Valor Form)” card, that card does not have to be discarded after losing a challenge.
Errata: This card can only be played by Player/Light.

Now Valor form i believe states that if you lose a challenge discard valor form?? how would this effect even apply if you have to discard valor form anyway?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

lunafayt said:

Ok so i was looking into getting some japanese KH cards since the english ones are not coming out with further sets, just so i could get the cards and try out the ones that were going to be interesting. but i have a few questions about the traslations.

1.Sora(Master Form): its effect:

Discard one “Valor Form” or “Wisdom Form” card off of your Player card and 3 cards from your hand, and then place this card onto your "Sora" Player card. If this card participates in a winning Challenge your opponent loses an additional 1 HP. During Battle you may choose to double Attack or Magic damage. Draw 1 extra card during you Draw Phase.

Is the master form still atllowed to have 2 equipments attached? we all know you have 2 in the actual game, but is that effect lost when you play master form in place of the choosing to double attack or magic? Also if 2 Equipment are attached and you play Master Form, if you cant play 2 on it, would you then have to discard 1?

2. Next is about the YRP set up(Yuna, Rikku, Paine): Yuna's effect:

This card has a special ability; if your “Sora” Player card has “Gullwing” equipped, you can Equip “Yuna” like an equipment, this card doesn’t not count as an Equipment card. If you have “Yuna”, “Rikku” and “Paine” equipped at the same time, their Attack power is doubled. This card can only be discarded from “Sora” when “Gullwing” is discarded.

Rikku's effect:

This card has a special ability; if your “Sora” Player card has “Gullwing” equipped, you can Equip “Rikku” like an equipment, this card doesn’t not count as an Equipment card. If you win a Challenge when this card is equipped, draw a card. This card can only be discarded from “Sora” when “Gullwing” is discarded.

Paine's effect:

This card has a special ability; if your “Sora” Player card has “Gullwing” equipped, you can Equip “Paine” like an equipment, this card doesn’t not count as an Equipment card. This card can only be discarded from “Sora” when “Gullwing” is discarded.

Now the part at the end is what stumps me? When it says that they can only be discarded when gullwing is discarded, does that imply that they ARE discarded at the same time as gullwing?? or does it mean that they will remain equiped and can then be discarded later? Related to that their abilities are activated when you have gullwing equiped, so if gullwing was discarded and they remained attached would their effects be null and void??

3. Now for the effect of Gullwing, its effect:

When this card is Equipped to a “Sora (Valor Form)” card, that card does not have to be discarded after losing a challenge.
Errata: This card can only be played by Player/Light.

Now Valor form i believe states that if you lose a challenge discard valor form?? how would this effect even apply if you have to discard valor form anyway?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

-Yes, Master lets you equip two Keyblades.

- This question confuses me...you only equip those three when Gullwing is equipped to Sora already and they are only equipped to the Gullwing card...so when the Gullwing goes away so do they because they are attached to the Keyblade not Sora. Is that what you were asking?

- Gullwing overwrites Valor's effect.

2.With the YRP the way its worded makes it sound like its just equipped to your player and not the the Gullwing? If it does equip them to the gullwing then i understand.

3.So the Gullwing effect causes your valor Form to not be discarded? or when the valor form is discarded after losing a challenge, the Gullwing will remain attached to your player??

- I'm fairly certain YRP are attached to the Gullwing, so that should answer your question...I know it doesn't sound like that the way it's worded, but that's the easiest way to remember how it works.

- I'm really not understanding the confusion here. Gullwing Prevents Valor from being discarded after losing a challege.

Example for clarity:

Valor Equipped with Oathkeeper and Oblivion loses a challenge, Valor goes away and you lose 1 HP.

Valor equipped with Gullwing and Oblivion loses a challenge, Valor stays and you lose 1 HP.

ah ok i get it now, it was a little confusing at first but i got it. 1 more thing, when YRP are equipped it says they are not treated as equipment cards, so would that mean they are still treated as level 1 friend cards, and you could then play a level 2 friend into your friends area??

hmm, that's an interesting question. It would depend on if they are still considered to be in your friend area, which I don't think they would be...

so I'm going to say no, they don't work that way for right now. It can be discussed later as I'm sure once all the cards become translated and posted we'll all need to figure out rulings like this.