Unblinking OL Card question

By topacesteve, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello, about the Unblinking OL Card, i wanted some clarification when a hero CANNOT suffer 4 hits. The only logical explanation i would give is when he would

suffer hits in exess of his health. What do you guys think?

Yup.

That's an interesting question. If a hero has exactly 4 health remaining, can they choose to suffer 4 health, even if they would be knocked out as a result?

After all, a hero is allowed to suffer fatigue up to their stamina. That suggests to me that a hero is also allowed to suffer damage up to their max health.

I doubt this would come up very often.. as a hero would probably rarely make such a poor choice :P

Edited by Charmy

Given that the OL reward for a hero not suffering the damage (or fatigue) is drawing a card, knocking oneself out seems rather counterproductive.

A already KO'ed Hero will make overlord draw a card from Unblinking ?

(he can't suffer any thing.)

45 minutes ago, edcy said:

A already KO'ed Hero will make overlord draw a card from Unblinking ?

(he can't suffer any thing.)

That's right he can't suffer damage or fatigue, so the Overlord draws 1 card

No. KO heroes are not on the map, and are not targetable by OL cards (unless specifically allowed).

I think so ,too . thx !

1 hour ago, Zaltyre said:

No. KO heroes are not on the map, and are not targetable by OL cards (unless specifically allowed).

whaaat..

omg there is too many rules xD

Thanks for this one

In this game, it's a really long way from a noob to at-least-I-know-the-rules guy

So a hero cannot chosse to suffer two stamina and suffer health instead (which is possible in other situations)

5 hours ago, nighty2k7 said:

So a hero cannot chosse to suffer two stamina and suffer health instead (which is possible in other situations)

In most situations, heroes cannot choose to suffer fatigue as wounds. Usually, if you don't have the stamina, you just can't suffer fatigue. If an effect makes you suffer fatigue as a consequence, that fatigue gets suffered as wound instead.

In the case of this card, a hero must choose to suffer either 2 fatigue or 4 wound. Suffering 2 fatigue as wound is not permitted.