Rune Golem Party

By TallGiraffe, in Runewars List Building

So I made a list where Rune Golems are supported by Oathsworn and Kari. Just have two big hammers and some Oathsworn Flankers for archers or interception.

198/200 points

Kari Wraithstalker x1 [32]
--Artifact: Fortunas Dice [6]
----------Total Unit Cost: 38

Oathsworn Cavalry x2 [20]
--Training: Rank Discipline [4]
----------Total Unit Cost: 24

Oathsworn Cavalry x2 [20]
--Training: Rank Discipline [4]
----------Total Unit Cost: 24

Rune Golems x4 [50]
--Equipment: Wind Rune [6]
----------Total Unit Cost: 56

Rune Golems x4 [50]
--Equipment: Wind Rune [6]
----------Total Unit Cost: 56

Might want to switch Kari for Hawthorne so he can give inspiration to your golems lest they get shutdown by two blight tokens.

14 hours ago, Waywardpaladin said:

Might want to switch Kari for Hawthorne so he can give inspiration to your golems lest they get shutdown by two blight tokens.

Yea but they have the white rally modifier.

7 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

Yea but they have the white rally modifier.

Which competes with your white reform or your use of the Wind Rune.

3 hours ago, Waywardpaladin said:

Which competes with your white reform or your use of the Wind Rune.

Wind rune has a reform. And the special is not a bonus action.

1 minute ago, TallGiraffe said:

Wind rune has a reform. And the special is not a bonus action.

Yeah, which keeps them from charging if they want to move that turn, using the rune.

Edited by Waywardpaladin
4 hours ago, Waywardpaladin said:

Yeah, which keeps them from charging if they want to move that turn, using the rune.

True but if most of the runes are nature then you are charging at 8.

I think the Golems are probably much too expensive for what they bring to the table, but I would absolutely LOVE to be wrong in that. They're pretty tanky against targets that don't inflict mortal wounds which is nice, but their damage output is only good, not outstanding (~7.2 average, 16 max). Dependence on Unstable Runes is frustrating, and 75% of turns your max speed is 2, though Wind Rune does admittedly help a bit.

I'm still stuck in a Daqan vs Waiqar mindset, but although you can deal reasonably well with Reanimate blocks and you have the cav to keep archers honest, the only thing in your list that can efficiently dispatch Carrion Lancers are the golems, and that is a recipe for extreme-value mortal strikes.

Let us know how it plays!

I attempted a greychanneler list, with Hawthorne to make two 1x2 golem units, and then I was aiming to get better results out of the casted runes. The initial round was like 4 red, 2 blue, so it was perfect, didn't have to use the channeler. Then he promptly got sniped out of the unit turn one by Waiqar archers when I rushed to take the elevated terrain before my opponent could. So I have no idea if it helps, but a channeler might make a rune golem party more fun?

I *did* like the 1x2 formations to get the rerolls for the golems, since they're 50-50 threat2 or threat3.

Edited by Glucose98