What is a "group"?

By Stormtrooper721, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Some cards, like "Squad Storm" talk about activating a "group". What is a "group"? Can a "group" be one figure, such as a Dewback Rider? So, using "Squad Storm", could I activate a Dewback Rider and then another Dewback Rider?

All figures corresponding to a deployment card is a group, and each hero is a group.

Yes, Dewback Rider figure is also a group.

Thank you! Is that mentioned in the FAQ or rulebook anywhere?

5 minutes ago, Stormtrooper721 said:

Thank you! Is that mentioned in the FAQ or rulebook anywhere?

Yes.

All figures that correspond to a single Deployment card or Hero sheet are a group.
* A group can consist of one or more figures.
* Each Deployment card shows a number of bars below its deployment cost. This is the starting group size. This number of figures is placed when deploying this group.
* While activating a group of two or more figures, each figure resolves its actions independently. Resolve both actions for one figure before resolving actions for the next figure.
* When a Deployment card for a group is exhausted, all figures in that group are exhausted and cannot perform activations.
* If there are multiple versions of the same figure in play (regular or elite), each group of these figures needs to be differentiated.
-- To do this, players can place an ID token on the Deployment card and apply matching ID Stickers to the bases of the corresponding figures.

Much appreciated! Thanks again!

Yes, a group can be one figure.

RRG Pg 13

Group

All firgure that correspond to a single Deployment card or Hero sheet are a group.

• A group can consist of one or more figures
Edited by amerpour
Spelling

I already quoted "Group" from RRG (within the spoiler tag) above. Repetition is fine, but the question was answered already 3 years ago, so I think it's not quite as helpful. 😉

Edited by a1bert