New player getting started

By warlockalex, in Player community

Hello,

I have started looking into picking up this game and had a few questions regarding the game atm.

Firstly, can i just pick up the core set then pick up one of each of the Saga sets without missing out on parts of the game?

Is it necessary to pick up a full cycle and the deluxe box set too? or can i just pick up the 6 packs of a cycle and play them or just get hold of the deluxe and play that instead?

Are the saga sets based on the LOTR books and the cycles/Deluxes based on before the books?

Has anyone got any suggestions of what i need to pick up first to make my gaming experience better?

Thanks

Hello!

1) You'll have to define what it means to you to "miss out", but it is possible buy one Core and the Saga sets and play the game.

2) You can't play the adventures in one of the Adventure packs without it's associated Deluxe box. Each Deluxe box comes with three adventures and don't need the APs to play them.

3) Saga sets are based on the The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Deluxe expansions are supposed to be set between the two.

Hope that helps.