I just registered "genesys.zone". What do we want to put there?

By Simon Retold, in Genesys

GENESYS.ZONE domain. I've got a few ideas in mind, but I'd love for it to be a community-related site. Honestly, I don't have time, as a hobbyist, to keep up a blog all by myself, a fact I discovered the two or three times I tried to do something with radiojedi.com. There's too much on my plate. But to admin a site while contributing to it? I could do that.

So here are a few ideas we could put together as a community, all of which use existing software, so we don't really need anyone to play codemonkey.

• The obligatory Genesys resource blog, complete with player-made downloads and all sorts of goodies.
  • A Genesys worlds wiki, where people can create Genesys themes and flesh them out in a Mediawiki envinronment.
  • A Genesys system play-by-post messageboard. (And... if we could talk an existing codemonkey (like @SkyJedi ) into porting it, we might even have a dice roller on-board.)

There wouldn't be any reason we couldn't do all those and more, if people are interested, of course.

What do you think? Do you have other ideas for a domain like that?

(Side note: I buy way too many domains that I never use. I just picked up "lawtz.com" just for the heck of it. I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I've had "scryr.com" sitting around for while. There's also the aforementioned "radiojedi.com" and its counterparts, "jediradio.com" and "jedi.zone". And quite a few others. But GENESYS.ZONE... I'd definitely like to do something with it that involves this community.)

Edited by Simon Retold

Sounds like a good idea!

I think that's a fine idea. I'd be willing to contribute when the time comes.

1 hour ago, CaptainRaspberry said:

I think that's a fine idea. I'd be willing to contribute when the time comes.

It's super easy to mirror the dice roller to something like dice.genesys.zone. lemme know it you want that.

I'd be careful about duplicating functions though. We're posting on a genesys forum right now, so I don't think we need a another one to split time between.

46 minutes ago, SkyJedi said:

It's super easy to mirror the dice roller to something like dice.genesys.zone. lemme know it you want that.

I'd be careful about duplicating functions though. We're posting on a genesys forum right now, so I don't think we need a another one to split time between.

Very true. But there are alot of things that aren't appropriate for this forum (play by posts, wikis, ect) that would help the community. And it'll probably take up until launch to get the site ready.

I think it should have an emphasis on player made content, while this place will be what it's always been, a place to discuss official products and settings. This way the plethora of user generated projects (and there will be many of them) have a place to develop and playtest without cluttering up official Genesys discourse.

If FFG put out a generic system and don't make a subforum for discussing homebrew projects, their community managers aren't very bright. Would be surprised if there isn't a place for it on these forums once the game actually launches.

Would they be against them running games there especially if its linked here giving examples of play to work off from?

Would the Skill Monkey be getting involved?

You know he sounds like John De Lancie!

Now imagine him demonstrating examples using the various game settings possible with this system!

I would like to see a place where others could share the creative for the system as I know I would share what I work on and I would like to see how someone else home brewed other rules within the system. As I will be working on my own little world as this system becomes a reality. I know it is know but want to see how they changed stuff like I know the force Dice has been removed but now how will magic be handled officially in the system since my world does have magic in it.