Some non-Armada based CG builds in Star Wars and Galactica

By martok2112, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

26 minutes ago, martok2112 said:

Thanks, Ghost, for all the likes. :)

You're welcome! :D

I really do like it. I am not particularly familiar with BSG, but I like the models, appreciate the effort you put into it, and am grateful that you have decided to share it with us.

I'm glad you brought it up, actually, for it reminded me to go back and like the stuff I was prevented from liking earlier, due to being out of likes.

Thank you for posting these.

Thanks again. I am glad to be able to share them here. I figure a lot of people who love Star Wars probably at least like Battlestar Galactica. I love both the classic and reimagined shows, and I'm sure I'll be doing some reimagined material as well. Don't know how soon, but I'm sure I'll be covering it. :)

You can only have so many likes? WOW! Sounds like a James Bond movie. "You Only Like Twice"...or something like that. :)

5 hours ago, martok2112 said:

Thanks again. I am glad to be able to share them here. I figure a lot of people who love Star Wars probably at least like Battlestar Galactica. I love both the classic and reimagined shows, and I'm sure I'll be doing some reimagined material as well. Don't know how soon, but I'm sure I'll be covering it. :)

You can only have so many likes? WOW! Sounds like a James Bond movie. "You Only Like Twice"...or something like that. :)

There is a limit to 50 likes every 48 hours or so. And then they recharge slowly, one at a time, so it takes a while to get them all back.

On days like, for insistence, when articles are announced, you could potentially use up all your allotment of likes on the first 3 pages of a thread that quickly gets to be 25, and then you end up spending the rest of the week liking posts you would've liked earlier, but couldn't. I unfortunately am frequently out of likes, so often people don't get the likes they deserve. :(

Well, thanks again for using some of that recharge for liking my pics and renders. :)

Hopefully, soon, I'll be able to restart the animation projects I had going on for both BattleSTAR Galactica WARS, and my Star Wars Radio Play visual adaptation project. :)

Still a few details to add, but for the most part here is my bridge of the classic version of the battlestar, Galactica.
The main viewport shield can be animated for "positve shield" or "negative shield". (IOW, closed or open for those who might not know their Colonial jargon. )

jPuSFFY.jpg
TktULNQ.jpg
e26J3GP.jpg

The woman on the bridge is Athena (my constant model for most of my sci-fi set builds, regardless of property...Star Trek, Star Wars, and of course her native Battlestar Galactica.)

Edited by martok2112

Is it just me, or do Battlestars have rather asymmetric bridges?

Thanks for the like, Ghost. :)

Yeah, their bridges do seem to be rather asymmetrical. Of course, as I seem to recall, the bridge was really only shot from certain camera angles, so I would think that what appears behind the camera (the areas I don't think we ever really saw) is likely conjecture.

I think the biggest flaw I have in my bridge build is that the my bridge is a bit too spacious. It should be a bit smaller, especially between the helm station and the forward monitoring stations in the crew pit.

57 minutes ago, martok2112 said:

Thanks for the like, Ghost. :)

Yeah, their bridges do seem to be rather asymmetrical. Of course, as I seem to recall, the bridge was really only shot from certain camera angles, so I would think that what appears behind the camera (the areas I don't think we ever really saw) is likely conjecture.

I think the biggest flaw I have in my bridge build is that the my bridge is a bit too spacious. It should be a bit smaller, especially between the helm station and the forward monitoring stations in the crew pit.

It does seem to have a lot of wasted space. If you wanted to look out the window you'd have to walk around the entire length of the bridge. And it seems to be several meters from the pit to the window.

It shouldn't take to much to try and tighten up the space on the bridge in my build. I'm flipping the idea in my head right now.

My rebuild of the classic Cylon Raider:

aXcl3NQ.jpg
JUMsWaw.jpg
e8tspF4.jpg
KVCFNGn.jpg

Tweaks on my Cylon basestar:
NlZZJqi.jpg
JC4VH6J.jpg
M1N2K7Z.jpg

Thank you most kindly, Ghost. :)

7 hours ago, martok2112 said:

Thank you most kindly, Ghost. :)

My pleasure. I am always delighted when I see this thread come up as unread. I know I shall see some new and cool designs.

One more retweak of my Cylon basestar:
khmyJpz.jpg
i0Iellu.jpg
Rf7kuk5.jpg

I think I got the dimensions a bit better now...and I added barrels to the turrets, as well as some lights.

Thank you all. :)

Edited by martok2112

This is just a quickie battle test using my newly rebuilt models from Blender (component build and texture) into 3DExchange (conversion) iClone 6 Pro (final model assembly and animation), with post-production in Hit Film 4 Pro (compositing and visual FX) and Magix Movie Edit Pro (sound FX and final mixdown).

There is nothing spectacular about this. I am still way amateurish at this. I just hope you get some small sense of enjoyment out of it. :) This is an unlisted video, so it's not gonna go viral anytime soon....or ever. :D

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by martok2112

Thanks, Ghost. :)

Thanks for all the likes, everybody. More material (and possibly another animation or 2) on the way. :)

12 minutes ago, martok2112 said:

Thanks for all the likes, everybody. More material (and possibly another animation or 2) on the way. :)

Looking forward to them!

A few more shots of some of my Galactica models.

In the lead are the Atlantia and the Galactica, behind them, although I don't recall the order, are the Columbia, Pacifica, Rycon, and Triton. (The Pegasus is off patrolling Molecay.)
ixCQ7qL.jpg
HwRnbZb.jpg
WtoxsVH.jpg
CQU5cpE.jpg

And two or three shots of my launch tube set....this only took a couple of hours to build and texture....and actually, my process is to texture first, then cut out the shapes.
IEmml3W.jpg
jA5Iicq.jpg
fPoeRZL.jpg

More in the works...hope ya' like. :)

Thank you for the likes, folks. :)

My launch bay set for a classic Colonial battlestar:
p4aHDnG.jpg

hSgmdvg.jpg

aOhFG6q.jpg

BrOk9ZM.jpg

wJSvjOb.jpg
This was about a half-day build...after building a launch tube, which itself only took about two hours.
Hope you like. :)

Once again, thank you all for the likes. :)

More is, of course, on the way.

18 minutes ago, martok2112 said:

More is, of course, on the way.

Oh goodie!

:D

So the landing pontoon retains its same shape and dimensions. I simply raised the recovery bay so that it sat a deck above the launch tubes. The configuration makes more sense to me. A ship as colossal and advanced as a Colonial battlestar should be able to carry out recovery and launch operations in a tactical environment.

u5sFvr7.jpg

Also added my launch tube builds to some parts of the flight pontoons, so when I get down to more animating, I can do some dynamic Viper launches into space.