Question about doom

By MS Gentur, in Tannhauser

Hey there,

I donĀ“t get how the doom pistol works -_-

Does it actually allow you to aim around the corner?

So firing on any target that is within 2 paths? (the one you are oin + the one the target is on)?

You can shoot anyone on any path as long as you follow the following guidelines: you are a minimum of two spaces away from your target (i.e. one space between both of you) and the target is not farther than your current mental stat value +1 (EXAMPLE: if your mental is 3, the bullet will only go 4 spaces).

So yes, it can turn corners and hop onto other paths... as long as the above rules are respected.

oh, does the 2nd rule (mental value +1=range) always apply, for all ranged weapon fire?

No, only with DOOM.

can Doom shoot through doors ?

yes the only reason doors are on the map is to break up the paths they do not block doom and they do not block grenades

derros87 said:

yes the only reason doors are on the map is to break up the paths they do not block doom and they do not block grenades

Well they do block the granades, but don't block the explotion radius of the granade.

About the doom... Well I've seen everyone saying doors don't block doom, but I'd still like to see an official answer to this. The description of the doom says that the path must be tracked legally, even as it can be targeted outside the path. I think this might mean that the path is tracked one square at the time, so the bullet can't actually change the path, but can enter a square which includes multiple paths and go on from there.

My assumption might be a wrong one, but I don't see why that "tracked legally" is put there if that's not the case. The description clearly states that doom can't be used through the walls so no need to clarify that with another sentence.

Doom is extremely powerful weapon, when used behind a door and in some situations the guy using it, is literally unbeatable.

From the old forums:

www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffgforums/posts/list/8796.page#172343

littlewars

Don't think of them as doors - they are just there to break up paths.

OZO may target people on other paths, nowhere in the rules is there anything about door rules.

Plageman

As littlewars said the doors are just an illustration, not a feature of the map. There is no rule to keep them closed or open for example.

If you need to check whether a circle is adjacent to another I invite you to check the tactical map found in the download section of the French Tannhauser website.
Ksiasz Castle
Secular Crypts

If you don't have the map on hand you can easily check it on the map; adjacent circles are always at equal distance one of another.

As for OZO's Doom and the marquis's power they disregard the rule that you must be on the same path than your target, that's all. So yes doom can be shot from another path entirely.