It Ain't Rokugan without the Taint!

By Mon no Oni, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

On 5/2/2019 at 9:54 AM, Kani Kantai said:

Can I just say as a new player, before I am hung, drawn and quartered by the O5R community: Those old cards look hideous.

I mean good god people. I needed those eyes... 😵

As an old player (though maybe not that old), you are not wrong, a lot of the old cards are hideous. They definitely evolved the art style over time.

At least the font is legible on that card.

Who is coming to town!?

116703214_10219979051079045_357625899095

YOGO JUNZO! THAT'S WHO!

Oh, well. It has come to my attention that he carries a Phoenix mon in the sleeve, so no Junzo. Any idea who this venerable gentleman is? Some Elemental Master, maybe?

On 8/2/2020 at 9:10 PM, Mon no Oni said:

Oh, well. It has come to my attention that he carries a Phoenix mon in the sleeve, so no Junzo. Any idea who this venerable gentleman is? Some Elemental Master, maybe?

Five thoughts spring to mind, in decreasing order of likelihood:

• The Nameless One - Isawa Ujina has been snatched by the Shadow, it may cost him a lot to get back
  • Isawa Akuma - back from the dead and leading the Shadowlands forces that are very organised these days
  • Rujo - the former Master of Earth just recently showed up in flavour text
  • Asako Maezawa - the picture looks very like him, although I think we've already got a glimpse of art for his new card?
  • Isawa Eju - another old man, but he's shown no attraction to the taint
22 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Five thoughts spring to mind, in decreasing order of likelihood:

• The Nameless One - Isawa Ujina has been snatched by the Shadow, it may cost him a lot to get back
  • Isawa Akuma - back from the dead and leading the Shadowlands forces that are very organised these days
  • Rujo - the former Master of Earth just recently showed up in flavour text
  • Asako Maezawa - the picture looks very like him, although I think we've already got a glimpse of art for his new card?
  • Isawa Eju - another old man, but he's shown no attraction to the taint

Yep, we did.

l5c_cardfan.png

On 8/2/2020 at 10:10 PM, Mon no Oni said:

Do you know what the Yogo mon looks like? :)

Not really like what's on his sleeve:

Yogo

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Not really like what's on his sleeve:

Yogo

I'm not so sure; it could be that we're just seeing the top half of the Yogo mon (the Phoenix headdress) rather than the whole thing.

And honestly, it looks more like the Yogo mon than it does any of the Phoenix families.

latest?cb=20070510010613 latest?cb=20070508004113 latest?cb=20070508005522

Add the prominent Scorpion iconography, and I find it hard to believe that this isn't Yogo Junzo.

116703214_10219979051079045_357625899095

What is on his sleeve looks like what is on my avatar - the Phoenix Clan mon. Then there's the large image of a phoenix across his chest. I'm pretty sure that's not a Scorpion.

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

What is on his sleeve looks like what is on my avatar - the Phoenix Clan mon. Then there's the large image of a phoenix across his chest. I'm pretty sure that's not a Scorpion.

F***, I'd missed that. Ok, now I'm terribly confused.