Flamer in the off-hand - What happens?

By H.B.M.C., in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

The rules don't seem to mention what happens with Flame weapons in the Off-Hand. They appear to suffer no penalties as they don't roll To Hit.

The errata mentions that non-talent or non-braced Heavy Flamers should grant a +20 or +30 (respectively) to the target's Ag test to get out of the way. Should this precedent be used for Flamers in the Off-Hand?

BYE

I've actually wondered the same thing. I'd assume that it'd also get the +20% to the Agility roll thing though. Mileage my vary. lengua.gif

I would rule that targets a bonus to their agility test equivalent to whatever the users penalty to hit with a normal weapon would be, depending on wether they have TWW, Gunslinger, or both.

The Boy Named Crow said:

I would rule that targets a bonus to their agility test equivalent to whatever the users penalty to hit with a normal weapon would be, depending on wether they have TWW, Gunslinger, or both.

I like this idea. Keeps things simple.

I like it too, we'll go with that. :)

Thanks.

BYE

Why?

If you know how to use the weapon and it doesnt need to roll to hit... then i'm assuming no penalty.

My Dm originally ruled no penalty after I argued with wim out of game, since taking over I have allowed both the tech-priest and the Guardsman to keep the tradition ( they are afterall not the most powerful, cheap or party friendly weapon)

@Kas

Why?

If you know how to use the weapon and it doesnt need to roll to hit... then i'm assuming no penalty.

Because there's a certain history of penalties (or rather bonuses to the agility tests) for firing a flamer under suboptimum conditions.

My Dm originally ruled no penalty after I argued with wim out of game, since taking over I have allowed both the tech-priest and the Guardsman to keep the tradition ( they are afterall not the most powerful, cheap or party friendly weapon)

Um... flamers definitely are among the better weapons. The fire rules make them extremely effective against high TB, high Armour targets and their arc of fire allows them to automatically have a chance of hitting a lot of targets if these happen to stand close together or behind each other.

They're specialized, but they're definitely powerful.

Cifer said:

Um... flamers definitely are among the better weapons. The fire rules make them extremely effective against high TB, high Armour targets and their arc of fire allows them to automatically have a chance of hitting a lot of targets if these happen to stand close together or behind each other.

They're specialized, but they're definitely powerful.

I'll just add... "Cover? Ahhh... That's cute. They're taking cover." *shoots flamer* lengua.gif

I love my flamer. gran_risa.gif