Deluxe WWII questions.

By Steel Town Tough, in Wings of War (WWII)

I got into Wings of War with DOW.I now have ordered set 1 planes for WWII and the deluxe set.Are the planes in the deluxe set not included in set 1?Also is the deluxe set game fire from the sky?I have dawn of war.I also ordered the west mat,where can I get the east map?I am a HS teacher and I am trying to get my students into playing WOW.I spoke with the Airforce ROTC kids today and they are exited.I loved WWII models,so instead of building them,I will buy these minis.Thanks for any questions you guys can answer.Dblwing

Steel Town Tough said:

I got into Wings of War with DOW.I now have ordered set 1 planes for WWII and the deluxe set.Are the planes in the deluxe set not included in set 1?Also is the deluxe set game fire from the sky?I have dawn of war.I also ordered the west mat,where can I get the east map?I am a HS teacher and I am trying to get my students into playing WOW.I spoke with the Airforce ROTC kids today and they are exited.I loved WWII models,so instead of building them,I will buy these minis.Thanks for any questions you guys can answer.Dblwing

The Deluxe set is the same planes with new paint scheme, so with the deluxe set there are 4 paint schemes for Set I.

The Rules in the Delux set include all of Fire from the Sky as well as some new rules. They can be downloaded on this site as well. The Deluxe set comes will everything to suport the 4 planes along with a complete set of tokens. Fire from the Sky is not needed unless you want the extra manuever decks and the bomber cards now.

Mats are available at a number of locations Check:

Miniature Market

Game outfitter

Sounds like a good project to do with stundents...I know my own children love to play.

Also,There are a number of sources for planes if you have the time and the talent to pint your own. I have used the AIR200 models which I purchase from a store called The Last Square. Fighters are 2 for $7. I have expmaded my WWII airforces using this method as I grow impatient waiting for the next release. That might also be a reason to get Fire from the Sky as Vals, Stukas, P-40s and Hurricane are available.

Some of my AIR200 models:

DSCN0426.jpg

Thanks for the reply.What scale are you planes?How do you set them up to play WOW?TS

Steel Town Tough said:

Thanks for the reply.What scale are you planes?How do you set them up to play WOW?TS

They are 1/200 scale same as the official WoW minis.

I use Litko flight stands for my AIR200 models. Fairly inexpensive and very sturdy. IMO beter than the actaul stands. You an outfit 10 planes for under $20.

Here are some side by sides and you can see the Litko stands:

DSCN0869.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg

How do you locate air200?Thanks STT

I purchase mine locally from a LGS called The Last Square" They do have a large online business as well.

www.lastsquare.com/