Seeking dragon side quest (side quest) question

By huttyman, in Road to Legend

Hi I have just start play descend 2nd rtl and there is side quest about seeking dragon (really first side quest, I cannot remember quest name).

Problem is between changing map there are objective at the end of map. If you interact it said someting about "roll test (book) if you pass, you go to next level and all monster sheild is increase 1" OK! I got that next level monster is stronger by 1 sheild

Next problem is real problem becuase at the end of next map there also the same objective token at the end of that map (same description)

Does it mean that

next map's monster will be stronger by 2 shield (because effect of first map still go on)

or they just stronger by 1 shield (because effect of first map is gone when go to third map)?

sorry if question is a bit long and sound confuse

The quest is called Dragon Hunting . The instruction for these objective tokens is:

As an action, an adjacent hero may test knowledge or awareness to find the trail and move on to the next area; add 1 shield to the results for each monster on the map.

This means that for the attribute test you add 1 shield per monster, which makes it more difficult to pass and move to the next map.
Defense rolls of monsters on the current or any future map are not modified.

Edited by Sadgit

Wow problem solved. Thank you very much for you help. It's actually not hard to understand when I read it again haha. Thank you for take your time to answer my question