Dying to read how we might die!

By DanteRotterdam, in Genesys

Or in other words, I hope there is plenty of attention to adversaries.

If there was one thing I found the SW crb's lacking it was in the amount of enemies they provided.

Now with many types of play and settings I hope we get to enjoy a larger "bestiary" from the get go so to speak.

I wouldn't expect too much; monster stats take up page counts. It might be on us to come up with our own adversaries, at least until specific Theme Books come out.

I actually used a bunch of the Adversary cards from SW when I ran my Fallout: Edge of the Wasteland module. It worked very well.

I propose the addendum to request that hopefully the bestiary is backwards comparable enough to use for Wars. I'm a lazy GM, and taking Thragnock The Dark Lord of All from Genesis Fantasy, filing the serial numbers off and calling him Darth Thragnok is the optimal use of resources for me.

5 minutes ago, Desslok said:

I propose the addendum to request that hopefully the bestiary is backwards comparable enough to use for Wars. I'm a lazy GM, and taking Thragnock The Dark Lord of All from Genesis Fantasy, filing the serial numbers off and calling him Darth Thragnok is the optimal use of resources for me.

Seconded.

We should make up our own. Stuff like: Robot zombies, things based on HP Lovecraft and Kaiju-ninjas.

I misunderstood your title and came here for ideas on how the rules might allow for player character death.

It is very hard for a player character to die in the Star Wars RPG. I am partially convinced this fits Star Wars fairly well but in a modern, horror, or war-centric game, I would like to see some more lethality in the system. As it stands, after a character drops from reaching Wound or Strain threshold, an enemy would have to continue to injure the character multiple times before death would be an issue.

2 hours ago, blittlepage said:

I misunderstood your title and came here for ideas on how the rules might allow for player character death.

It is very hard for a player character to die in the Star Wars RPG. I am partially convinced this fits Star Wars fairly well but in a modern, horror, or war-centric game, I would like to see some more lethality in the system. As it stands, after a character drops from reaching Wound or Strain threshold, an enemy would have to continue to injure the character multiple times before death would be an issue.

That is not really an issue in the basic mechanics. Just decrease crit ratings and hand out vicious in large amounts. On top give players the ability to keep going after surpassing their wt, at the price of bleeding out (and thus more criticals) and the system becomes plenty of more deadly already while changing mechanically nearly nothing.

More lethality in the system is plenty easy. Stronger weapons, higher enemy stats, adversary talents, roll, bingo.

I'd like if they have a detailed method of designing your own NPCs to match the power level of the PCs. That could be very useful, especially when you have a more generic system base.