Did you see the Berserkers on the front of the Lore Guide?

By Budgernaut, in Runewars Lore and History of Terrinoth

I was looking at my Lore Guide over the weekend and just examining the beauty of the cover. Then I noticed something I hadn't seen before -- a Yeoman Archer is standing right where the spine of the lore guide is. It looks just like the Yeoman Archers from BattleLore, so I was pretty excited. I then followed his line of sight and saw the tail of an arrow sticking up above the words "Lore Guide." That's when I noticed a hand next to it. Then I looked beneath the title and saw many spines protruding downward. Then I pieced together the picture of what I was seeing. The Yeoman Archer had taken down a Berserker that was next to the Doombringer. Looking more closely, I could see the side of the head of another Berserker in the lower right-hand corner.

One very interesting thing to note about this artwork is that it was very clearly illustrated during the BattleLore: Second Edition era. It uses the styles and units of that game. As such, it makes me wonder if really will see a Berserker. Still, it's a great piece of art and I'm very excited to discover other Uthuk Y'llan units in the image.

Lore-Guidecover.png

Edited by Budgernaut

FFG will reuse artwork. Their star wars games do it all the time. I can think of several images that appear on cards of at least 3 of their games as well as i n the RPG books.

8 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

FFG will reuse artwork. Their star wars games do it all the time. I can think of several images that appear on cards of at least 3 of their games as well as i n the RPG books.

I agree. They do reuse artwork. This artwork was never used during the BattleLore era, but it was clearly designed during that time because of the aesthetic of the units used. All I'm saying is that seeing these units on the Lore Guide does not mean we'll necessarily see these units in Runewars.