Heraldic Surcoats anyone?

By CastleRock, in Runewars Tactics

Is anyone using Heraldic Surcoats? If so how do you find it?

Although morale can be massive, I can't quite bring myself to include this upgrade. Sure on a level 2 test it halves the chance of getting a nasty card, but on a level 3 test it reduces the chance by only a third (less if your opponent draws more than three cards).

And then even if you escape the nasty card on one test, you could still end up facing it if it's you that gets the next test. If you are fighting Undead that is pretty likely.

I guess most upgrades you can measure the benefit - this one seems really hard to gauge. Or am I missing something?

The first panic test a unit takes is usually the worst severity one. This that even if your opponent hits you with a severity 3+ test, any card left on the deck is less likely to be effective in the future.

2 hours ago, Orcdruid said:

The first panic test a unit takes is usually the worst severity one. This that even if your opponent hits you with a severity 3+ test, any card left on the deck is less likely to be effective in the future.

I don't really understand what you mean? In my experience, the big morale tests come from stacking a couple panic tokens on the target, usually from a Rising Panic result, so in that respect morale tests have a way of snowballing - the big ones come from the small ones.