Mobilize to another planet, then attack

By ishinken, in StarCraft

I have a little thing that feels uncertain when it comes to reinforceing areas on a planet and attacking an area on the same planet you reinforced.

Lets make a scenario.

Player A has a base and two units in a zone on a planet with a total of 2 zones. On the other zone, Player B also has two units, and the area can contain one more (to a total of 3).

Player B resolves a mobilize order on the planet Player A has his base on. Player B has a transport to this planet and decides to make the best of the situation, to reinforce the remaining slot and attack Player A's base. Player A has an anti-air module making it impossible for B to make a straight-on attack on his base so he will need to take the long way.

So the question is, can Player B attack with his 2 units -AND- move in 3 new fresh units on the zone he occupied? Does all moving happen simoltaneously? (sorry for misspell)

FIRST you move, THEN you attack (taken from the manual).

So, in this scenario you will be able to move 1 unit from A to B and then ATTACK with only the units that were already here.

Ok so its confirmed then that you can perform my example.

Sorry I made another post but it should be added to the FAQ since it's one of those questions that almost always pops up and isn't really fully covered.

Since attacking isnt done in another phase it must be possible. 1 move units. 2 resolve attack (meaning, resolve any units that moved onto an enemy area).

Directly taken from Rules Book:
"If a player MOVES units into an area containing enemy units, he starts a battle"

This should mean that the attacking units are treated as standing in the area of attack and therefore the slots they stood on should be vacant and available to be filled in the same mobilize order.

It should be noted too, that if you fill the slots the attacking units occupied before the attack the chances of retreating might be harder if the battle fails.

If you attack, you can't move anything else with your mobilize order.

Billo said:

If you attack, you can't move anything else with your mobilize order.

that alone is not evidence against that you can move 3 fresh units to the spaces pre-occupied by the attackers.

if you do as you say, move first, attack later, it means there are two move phases basically. one to simply move units, another to move ATTACKING units.

That is not correct by rule book. As I directly quoted from it.

Two steps, 1 move, 2 RESOLVE attack. Meaning, any units that moved into an enemy area are dealt with during the second step.

So basically, they will occupy the enemy area for as long as step 1 drags out.