Question for FAQ : Defend his ally ?

By Rick Castle, in StarCraft

hi all !

I look for help at this question someone ask me recently.

My ally has his last base alone with ennemy's troups on it (just lost the last troups he had on it). I have my mobilize order on this planet.

Can i defend the base of my ally ? Win the battle with the ennemy troups and retrait after the battle (because i can't stay on an ally base/teams rules) ?

I've answered that the changement of control of the aera arrives at the regroup phase and it's impossible to attack your ally (he controls the aera now)..The ally has lost...

What's your answer ? (sorry for my poor english)

Gourry

Hi,

no, you can't. To be precice, yes you can move into your allie's base, but it will be destroyed at the end of the round because it is treated like an enemy base. You can invade it, defend it and destroy the units within later. But that'll cost you named units.

thanks for your answer but i've thought about it this week-end.

I think that he can attack (has you say he destroy the base when the regrouping arrives) but the only one case your ally keep his base is if the results of the battle is "ALL ATTACKING AND DEFENDING UNITS ARE DESTROYED" It's a particular case but i think it's possible. All other results destroy the base of the ally. Or if the defender use cloaking ability to save units and retrait...but it's so unbelievable...

You think it's right ?

Gourry

You can destroy the enemy units and then sacrifice/destroy yours.

Thus your ally will survive the round.