Are you guys basing your trays?

By Glucose98, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

No I don't base my trays or paint them. For one I don't like the look of it. I like to see the difference between the painted mini and the tray. If people want to take the extra step to do that, then that is fine, they're figs. However I don't believe that it should be considered a mandatory thing to do.

None based trays looks very strange like at the covenent video. So im basing them, but on a low level. My Undead got some skulls, stones and grass beneath some snow. The Trays just got painted (on the top side) and give them some snow. So the ground looks more uniform and feels better. The Advantage of those easy based trays: I still can store them like none based trays and without to fear they would loose stones, skulls or whatever is on it.

Note to those basing -- I recommend you apply brush-on primer to only the top of the black trays, rather than spraying the whole tray. (basing adheres better to primered surfaces).

Any slight increase to the layer of the sides and inside the rounds for the minis will cause more problems with tray and models being difficult to remove during game play from

what I've witnessed.

Just my 2 cents.

^Truth
I've even started filing down the bases on my mini's before priming and painting so they come out easier. Not the square base mind you, the round individual bases.