Empire getting ridiculous?

By SuperWookie, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

Expanding ship options is a great thing to keep the game fresh, but I feel the Empire is getting a little silly with all of the TIE variants. As long as the TIE shows up in a movie, I guess it doesn't matter, but how many wings can you attach to a little pilot globe until it doesn't work any more? Maybe that's a design issue for Disney/Lucasfilm to address.

To keep selling plastic ships for Empire, while keeping their style in check, I was thinking more ace expansions would be more fitting? New paint styles, new gear cards, and new aces would keep the hate flowing without seeing TIE fighters with 16 wings running around.

Anyone else think the TIE Defender looks like a proximity mine?

18 hours ago, Superstrength79 said:

Expanding ship options is a great thing to keep the game fresh, but I feel the Empire is getting a little silly with all of the TIE variants. As long as the TIE shows up in a movie, I guess it doesn't matter, but how many wings can you attach to a little pilot globe until it doesn't work any more? Maybe that's a design issue for Disney/Lucasfilm to address.

To keep selling plastic ships for Empire, while keeping their style in check, I was thinking more ace expansions would be more fitting? New paint styles, new gear cards, and new aces would keep the hate flowing without seeing TIE fighters with 16 wings running around.

There's also the option of attaching more pilot globes to a wing....

Presenting the TIE Experimental M1 (TIE Bizzarro) - seen in previous X-wing computer games. I'd half like to see it in X-wing, partly because I loved X-wing alliance, partly because it looks so **** weird, and partly because it'd have a nice unique mechanic; it carried a single turbolaser, so the obvious mechanic for it would be to give it an energy score and a hardpoint rather than a primary weapon value.

Bizarro+1.jpg

Centerline is a wing.

So ... where to stick the freakin peg?! ?

I like the Imperial ships designs better. My favorites are Squints and Defenders ( if anybody played TIE Fighter ) and sadly which they don't have them which makes me a very sad panda Imperial Assault Gunboats.

My second favorites are TIE Strikers.

How in the world does that thing land?

Ive been thinking that the best way to keep things fresh without constantly pumping out new ships (especially for empire) would be new pilots. Most scum ships could easily have rebel counterparts. It would be easy to have variants of scum pilots and thus their ships available for empire, and you could create several fulcrums that are rebel but pilot Imperial ships.

I REALLY want to see the ships from Star Wars, the Old republic brought in, though I doubt it will happen. The Defender light corvette is one of my favorite Star Wars ships.

On 09/08/2017 at 9:32 PM, Theadjectivenoun said:

I like the Imperial ships designs better. My favorites are Squints and Defenders ( if anybody played TIE Fighter ) and sadly which they don't have them which makes me a very sad panda Imperial Assault Gunboats.

My second favorites are TIE Strikers.

You should stop by some time, say hi:

On 8/15/2017 at 10:06 PM, Abraxus said:

How in the world does that thing land?

Ive been thinking that the best way to keep things fresh without constantly pumping out new ships (especially for empire) would be new pilots. Most scum ships could easily have rebel counterparts. It would be easy to have variants of scum pilots and thus their ships available for empire, and you could create several fulcrums that are rebel but pilot Imperial ships.

I REALLY want to see the ships from Star Wars, the Old republic brought in, though I doubt it will happen. The Defender light corvette is one of my favorite Star Wars ships.

It doesn't. Just like a lot of TIE fighters, it comes in and drops into a docking cradle. No mothership, no landing.

On 7/5/2017 at 2:04 PM, Guest *SOLAR FLARE said:

Centerline is a wing.

So ... where to stick the freakin peg?! ?

I've seen conversion kits where the peg inserts under the cockpit. I suppose the ship would be off center on the base, though.

Edited by weisguy119