----------Total Unit Cost: 89

Rune Golems x1 [17]
----------Total Unit Cost: 17

Kari Wraithstalker x1 [32]
--Artifact: Fortunas Dice [6]
--Unique: Latari Training [6]
----------Total Unit Cost: 44

Back to list

Deathstar, I plan to use it as a wrecking ball, Kari ranged, then flank. 2 Oathsworn to shut down archers and or flank. And a golem to do um well something I hope, depends on situation I guess.

I think the deathstar will win games.

Definitely something I'd be interested to test out. Oathsworn with rank discipline works so well and kari is lethal with that combination and that core unit should scare anyone away

Left to it, the deathstar does lots of work, there's no doubt about that. My main concerns are: having the arms master sniped out; morale; blight.

Not much you can do about the arms master. A ranged hero with Fortunas dice can take him out pretty reliably, so it wouldn't surprise me if a canny opponent rarely let you roll that third die. (I expect Daqan will get something with protector sooner or later, which will help here)

Morale can do serious damage to a deathstar. Making it flee costs precious activations, reforms give your opponent the edge, and attacking yourself... brutal. On a unit this expensive, I think there's a real case for the lion standard bearer. One of the few ways to improve its defence.

And of course blight. If a Waiqar player can protect their archers (and with so many points in one unit I think that's likely), you can reasonably expect 1-2 blight on this unit every single turn, which cuts its damage output HARSHLY. I think a supporting unit of spearman with a rallying cornicen is just the thing - 1 fewer bane per turn won't always be enough, but it just might be the thing that tips the scales and lets you break through the tar pit into the archers behind. They also make a fine flank guard. If you want to really go all in on the deathstar, you could even put a dispatch runner in this support unit, but that's harder to find room for.

Yup, 2 games, blight. I got blighted constantly. Morale cost me 1 tray each game. But it also survived both games. Small consolation as I did lose both games. I allowed my self to get split up, made some fundamental mistakes. But I'll be better for next time :)

If you don't know what to do with the rune golem I recomend dropping it for something that has a plan. If you don't care about initiave bid that gives you 19pts if you can drop 1 point from your deathstar then you can run a third cav unit, if not you could take a 2x1 infantry that can grab objectives or deny terrain etc.

Good ideas. I only have 2 cores and infantry command exp. so far.

Next purchase will be Hawthorne.

Then I won't know what to do.

I was originally a big fan of single rune golems as general flankers and problem solvers, but going up to a 2x1 is also great. 65% more points for double the health and one more threat, pretty sweet against anything that doesn't have access to mortal wounds.