A warped question

By Lord Deimonos, in Rogue Trader

I´ve read that imperial voidships jump back to reality from time to time in a warp travel. My question is, is there a benchmark or rule that states when this happens? Does the warp engines have to cool down? How long the can operate before that?

Thanks in advance.

Warp engines can run continuously as long as they are fueled and powered-that maximum distance that can be traveled is either the range of your navigator-usually capping out at around 5,000 light years; or when you run out of food/water and need to restock. Obviously, because warp travel is both very dangerous and unpredictable no matter the distance, most captains will put into as many safe ports as possible along their route while maintaining their timetable. The long, continuous jumps are usually reserved for emergencies-military reinforcement, critical supply runs, and realspace deadlines, like proving to the Administratum you are still alive before they declare you dead and sell off your dynasty's assets.

Edited by ViperMagnum357

Thank you very much!

I don't think there's a hard and fast rule, you might find something in the Navis Primer under the expanded warp travel rules.