Clarification: Feats of Strength

By infiniteMotion, in Anima Rules Questions

Hi all! I'm gonna try and keep this short and sweet.

In the Revised Core Exxet it states:

• Si el personaje lo desea, puede tratar de incrementar su fuerza e índice de peso máximo durante unos instantes, doblando barrotes de metal, levantando carros o cualquier otra cosa increíble. Para calcular como usar apropiadamente esta con respecto al índice de peso (Ver Capítulo 6), puede usarse la Tabla 14, cuyos efectos duran entre dos y cinco asaltos.
  • If a character desires, he can attempt to increase his Strength and Weight Index for a few moments, folding metal bars, lifting cars, or other incredible things. To calculate how to use it appropriately, with regards to the Weight Index (see Chapter 6), you can use Table 14, whose effects last between two and five turns.

Table 14 is a chart displaying rolls between 120 and 280 and the respective STR increase they give (between +1 and +4).

In the Cliff Notes style "Core Exxet rule changes" PDF, which as I understand was made by a third party NOT involved with FFG, it explicitly says:

• Feats of Strength
    • Has effects at GM discretion before 120.
    • The Strength modifier is only used for one action and is not used in combat for extra damage.

Where is the person who wrote the rule changes PDF getting these from? A cursory search yielded nothing to back up either of these claims in the Revised Core Exxet. Are these just arbitrary 'house rules?' I imagine this doc was intended for private use and ended up being widely distributed so I feel like that's a possibility. I just find it hard to believe that a character could temporarily boost his STR "for 2-5 turns," allowing him to "bend metal bars, lift cars, and other incredible things," but using those very same arms/core muscles he would not be able to hit harder than normal.

Thanks in advance!