Revealing other characters' spells?

By Filippo, in Talisman Rules Questions

There are some ways to know other characters' spells. For example, Prophetess may always look at the Spells held by other characters.

Can Prophetess reveal the spells to other players? "Hey guys, Wizard holds Mesmerism"

2 hours ago, Filippo said:

There are some ways to know other characters' spells. For example, Prophetess may always look at the Spells held by other characters.

Can Prophetess reveal the spells to other players? "Hey guys, Wizard holds Mesmerism"

There is nothing in the rules that explicitly prohibits it. Whatever knowledge she has she is free to share.

In the spirit of civility, though, I think it's something that is generally frowned upon.

4 hours ago, Osbo25 said:

In the spirit of civility , though, I think it's something that is generally frowned upon.

In Talisman? :P The game where you climb to the top over the bodies of other characters, civility?

2 hours ago, Dam the Man said:

In Talisman? :P The game where you climb to the top over the bodies of other characters, civility?

I would turn you, your mother, and the Riding Horse your mother rode in on into a toad without thinking twice. Then I'd dig the heel of my boot into your stupid warty face.

But for the sake of civility, no, I wouldn't reveal your spells to the other players, even if I did know what they were. :P

I would treat this like other games. Once you start playing social deduction games, where you can share information as well a lie, you never know what someone says is true or not, they just cannot reveal the cards.