My Apocalypse Diary

By Pariah Longsight, in Revolt of the Machines

the-end-of-the-world.png.8f827ae5900bb762502c31978ecb847d.png

Today I placed an order on Amazon for all four The End of the World books. Can't wait to read them and then get going playing through the scenarios, and perhaps create some of my own. These will be recorded in diary form on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pariah.longsight

You can find me on Twitter too: @PariahLongsight

Will post reviews of each book in each thread, though I'm aware the rules are the same.

Just got an email that Zombies, Machines and Wrath are arriving tomorrow. Can't wait to look through them!

There's a lot in this book for me to like. While I may not play the scenarios exactly as presented in the book, I'm certainly going to be combining elements and gleaning a lot of inspiration from it.

If I feel any "meh", it is aimed at the Modulons. But I found myself looking at the Modulord and The Grey Goop and thinking of that big cyclopean robot from Day the Earth Stood Still. Cloud of nanites combine into a large humanoid robot. When said robot takes a hit, it creates a Grey Goop which can then devour to make itself bigger. Being nanites, and not strange boxy robots, I even imagined that the giant humanoid forms would mimic faces. Perhaps I'd have good and bad nano-giants to have some fights among the cities.

I've got plenty of ideas for other scenarios and campaigns using the various scenarios in the book. But more on them after I've tried out the giant robots made up of nanites. Perhaps I'll start with a grey goop that grows until it becomes a nano-giant. Perhaps have it regenerate itself by devouring more, even as the nanites that break off feed and start to grow.

I'm also thinking of putting a nano-giant against Cthulhu or Jormungandr for a bit of fun.

I've set up a blog for when I begin gaming:

Edited by Pariah Longsight

Deleted blog.

I'm almost ready to try out my first game. My brother has decided he wants to give it a go so I've got the beginnings of a group. But the seeming lack of interest in it here and across social media means I'll just enjoy the games in private.

Hope The End of the World gets more popular in the future. Perhaps if FFG ever loses it's Star Wars license there'll be people looking for a new RPG experience. I'm even thinking of adapting this to Star Wars. Shouldn't be too difficult.

On 6/9/2017 at 4:53 PM, Pariah Longsight said:

the-end-of-the-world.png.8f827ae5900bb762502c31978ecb847d.png

Today I placed an order on Amazon for all four The End of the World books. Can't wait to read them and then get going playing through the scenarios, and perhaps create some of my own. These will be recorded in diary form on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pariah.longsight

You can find me on Twitter too: @PariahLongsight

Will post reviews of each book in each thread, though I'm aware the rules are the same.

Sorry to see that this thread/game never got off the group. I saw these at a game store in Northern VA a few months ago and the game looked very interesting. Where I live now (Southern Florida) everyone plays 5E and there is very little interest in anything else. It was by pure luck and using these forums that I was able to find other people interested in Fantasy Flight Star Wars.

I would love to try this game at a convention or something as a one shot.