My Apocalypse Diary

By Pariah Longsight, in Alien Invasion

the-end-of-the-world.png.8f827ae5900bb762502c31978ecb847d.png

Today I placed an order on Amazon for all four The End of the World books. Can't wait to read them and then get going playing through the scenarios, and perhaps create some of my own. These will be recorded in diary form on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pariah.longsight

You can find me on Twitter too: @PariahLongsight

Will post reviews of each book in each thread, though I'm aware the rules are the same.

Got an email to say my Alien Invasion book will arrive next Monday. Knowing Amazon, and the fact the other books arrived before the earliest due date, I might get the book sooner.

So much for Monday next week, my Alien Invasion book arrived today instead.

I was a little disappointed. This one had so much potential. Even so, it has provided plenty of things I can use with the other books and a few things I can change a little to be more interesting. I think what was a big let down was the War Between Worlds and Rising Tides. But I'm going to focus on the positives. Disintegration Cannon and the Catastrophic Disintegration rule. Good for creating a Dalek invasion, or doing my own War of the Worlds style game. Naturally the ships and walkers will also help with a War of the Worlds, as the two films I've watched had a hovering craft in one and a giant tripod walker in the other. Adding the Shields from Brotherhood of Babylon battleship will finish them off well. With the exception of the battleship and Reptilians, there's little of interest in Brotherhood of Babylon either.

Skitter is one I might try out as it is, but is more likely to form part of a Gaea's Revenge with giant ant colonies. I'm also planning on doing some tweaks to make giant wasps, including parasitic wasps, which will simply being flying ants with stings. In a similar way, I'm thinking Visages would work better with an angry natural world. Plants which take on human form to better conquer them from within.

So while I do plan to have my own War of the Worlds, and perhaps Independence day (using the Anunnaki Battleship), I'm probably going to use this book more in combination with the others.

I've set up a blog for when I begin gaming:

Edited by Pariah Longsight

Deleted blog.

I'm almost ready to try out my first game. My brother has decided he wants to give it a go so I've got the beginnings of a group. But the seeming lack of interest in it here and across social media means I'll just enjoy the games in private.

Hope The End of the World gets more popular in the future. Perhaps if FFG ever loses it's Star Wars license there'll be people looking for a new RPG experience. I'm even thinking of adapting this to Star Wars. Shouldn't be too difficult.