My Apocalypse Diary

By Pariah Longsight, in Zombie Apocalypse

the-end-of-the-world.png.8f827ae5900bb762502c31978ecb847d.png

Today I placed an order on Amazon for all four The End of the World books. Can't wait to read them and then get going playing through the scenarios, and perhaps create some of my own. These will be recorded in diary form on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pariah.longsight

You can find me on Twitter too: @PariahLongsight

Will post reviews of each book in each thread, though I'm aware the rules are the same.

Just got an email that Zombies, Machines and Wrath are arriving tomorrow. Can't wait to look through them!

Of the three that have arrived, I have to say Zombie Apocalypse is my least favourite.

This isn't actually a criticism - as it's going to be the first of the settings I'm going to try out - but rather my own personal preferences. Nothing much got me excited about playing any of the scenarios in this book, and I instead have found myself already coming up with my own ideas for the Zombie apocalypse. The reason this isn't a criticism is because the book provides everything I need for my own created apocalypse. This also contributes to the role this book will play as my training. I'll be able to get to know how the game plays, and how best to Games Master, without having to do much work beforehand. The only thing I'm going to create is a flock of zombified crows, which I believe is suitably referred to as a "Murder of Crows". Very appropriate.

My zombie apocalypse will start with a Pandemic. Which will then become a No Room in Hell as those who die from the infection get back up again, albeit in a zombified condition. Both the Infected and the Zombies will have the "Destroy the Brain".

I've got a little back story to this too if you'd like to know it. Otherwise I'll just start playing when ready and leave anyone who wants to read with a sense of mystery. Perhaps I'll make the back story part of the little campaign, if players can stumble upon clues to what happened.

I've set up a blog for when I begin gaming:

Edited by Pariah Longsight

Deleted blog.

I'm almost ready to try out my first game. My brother has decided he wants to give it a go so I've got the beginnings of a group. But the seeming lack of interest in it here and across social media means I'll just enjoy the games in private.

Hope The End of the World gets more popular in the future. Perhaps if FFG ever loses it's Star Wars license there'll be people looking for a new RPG experience. I'm even thinking of adapting this to Star Wars. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Thank you for your enthusiasm for this game; it's been a while since this forum got love.

Cannot find you on Twitter at the mentioned handle; something else, maybe?

Looking forward to reading your journal, if you reconsider maintaining an apocalyptic blog, or sharing adventures and similar EotW musings via this forum.