Bases

By bnorton916, in Micro Mutants

Couple of questions:

1. A bugs land by a base and pushes it off the outline. The bug is not on top of the base but is taking up half the base outline.

Do you put the base back on the outline? If so, where does the bug go?

If not, when, if ever, do you put the base back on the the outline?

2. If a bug land on the base giving the base it's first hit. What happens to the bug?

Stays on the base? Back to it's homeland?

If it stays on the base can I just touch it to put another hit on it next turn?

3. If a bug land on a bug that is atop another bug, does it kill both bugs on just the one it is physically on?

Thanks,

Bill

bnorton916 said:

Couple of questions:

1. A bugs land by a base and pushes it off the outline. The bug is not on top of the base but is taking up half the base outline.

Do you put the base back on the outline? If so, where does the bug go?

If not, when, if ever, do you put the base back on the the outline?

2. If a bug land on the base giving the base it's first hit. What happens to the bug?

Stays on the base? Back to it's homeland?

If it stays on the base can I just touch it to put another hit on it next turn?

3. If a bug land on a bug that is atop another bug, does it kill both bugs on just the one it is physically on?

Thanks,

Bill

1) We usually slide the base back into it's outline, pushing the attacking bug back a little if they're making contact. So we maintain the same, proportional distance of the bug in relation to the base. But sometimes we just leave it. Either way doesn't seem to hurt anything.

2) This question is in the rules: When captured, an undamaged base is flipped to its damaged side. The owner of the base places the capturing bug adjacent to the damaged base and the move of that bug is over (regardless of any special ability). If the bug is double-sided, it is placed with its normal side up.

3) In our house, that would be considered a double-extermination. I don't believe the rules specify. So you could play it either way.