UFS UK Nationals 2010

By Tallgeese, in UFS Uk Forum

There will be two days of fun and games!!

Standard Constructed:

When: Saturday 27th March

Where: The Games Shop, 6 Wellington Street, Aldershot.

Time: Registration - 10:00, First Round - 11:00

Entry: £3.00

Prizes: All kinds of stuff that I have begged, borrowed and stolen.

You know the score, today is the Five Point cards tournament. Build a deck, get yer butts down here and play like you have a pair!! happy.gif

Legacy Constructed:

When: Sunday 28th March

Where: Sames place

Time: Registration - 10:00, First Round - 11:00

Entry: £3.00

Prizes: More randomlly acquired thangs.

Format: Highlander using this banned list:

Current Banned list:

•:Cassandra: (SC01) - Casandra was degenerate since day one and in an even more restrictive deck building format she does not get any better.
•Enlightenment (SC01) – Card does not work as intended. Additionally if it did work as intended it still may prove to be too powerful
•Defender of the Empire (SC04) - Too powerful an effect for it’s “cost”. An argument can also be made that it while it work as intended, as discard protection, it also has unintended effects. Also enables a number of degenerate combos with too many cards.
•Higher Caliber (SC07) – Too powerful an effect for its cost. An argument can also be made that it while it work as intended, as committal protection, it also has unintended effects. Also enables a number of degenerate combos with too many cards.
•.:Zasalamel:. (SC1P) – Does not work as intended. His character ability in this format proves to be particularly broken, as the format is meant to promoted singleton gameplay and he can still get any card he desires virtually anytime.
•:Ibuki: (SF05) – Card is too powerful for “cost”. Her ability is also questionable as it combos so well with so many cards and leads to no escape situations (such as her with Red Lotus of the sun).
•Kubi Ori (SF05) – Card is too powerful for “cost”. It is basically a one card combo and with certain starting characters can be a first turn auto win.
•.:Dhalsim:. (SF3P) – Card is too powerful for “cost”. can completely shut off multiple deck types and strategies. It’s downside of having a “low vitality” is completely negated by its life gain ability.
•.:Hugo:. (SF03) – Hugos ability combined with life total degenerate in the format. Being abile to tutor 3 cards every turn in a format that promotes singleton play is not acceptable.
•Ruler of Southtown (SNK02) - Card does not work as intended. Can completely shut games down without any effort because a user can use the remove any number of counters ability when the card has 0 counters, which is not the intended function of the card.
•Broken Leg (UFS5P), Broken Arm (UFS5P), Head Trauma (UFS5P), Bleeding Internally (UFS5P) - Card(s) does not work as intended. The card was meant to prevent one attack and then have an ongoing negative effect, but because of how the damage rules work in addition to the amount of recycling and asset sacrifice a player could use the downside almost never happened. The downside of the also did not work on itself, which was unintuitive and unintentional.
•.:J Talbain:. (DS02) - Card is Broken. The character was meant to have a 2 sided, double edged sword style ability. In reality it just proved to almost always be a benefit to the owner and a large hindrance to the opponent.
•Lord of the Makai (DS02) - Card is too powerful for “cost”. Infinite combo enabler and just bluntly overpowered compared to other cards with similar effects.
•Fei Long’s Forward Kick (SF08) -Infinite combo enabler and automatic win condition. When combined with Hanzo the kick is a one card loop (as Hanzo starts in play). One has to be banned and Hanzo has a relatively better balance. If Hanzo proved to be too much this card should be reviewed because other than this degenerate combo the card is otherwise balanced.
•Li Long’s Conditioning (SC9P) - Card was never officially released, additionally it is broken and does not work within the format of the games rules. The card is often an Auto win button when drawn first turn and is particularly unfun

More details to follow.

Now go book the time off work!!!

i will do my best sir

(nice to see commitone's banned list lol)

Hi Steve,

As much as I'd like to come to the last ever UK Nationals, I can't attend for the very good reason of I'm being sent to Sri Lanka for 8 weeks to train people to take my job.

Yes, I know that I could build a deck so strong it can play themself and still win, but unfortunately it would still require me to shuffle it and regrettably this would prove to be be quite a problem as my arms haven't been able to stretch for thousands of miles since that accident with the bicycle pump and compressed air cylinder.....I digress : )

Anyway, best of luck with running the event, and hopefully see you at the L5R Kotei in May : )

- Ross

Tuesday said:

i will do my best sir

(nice to see commitone's banned list lol)

You better show up, the Sunday was your fecking idea!! gran_risa.gif

@ Ross: given the choice between Aldershot and a beautiful island in the Indian Ocean I know which I would choose happy.gif I'll certainly be here when the kotai is one so it will be good to see yourself and other Sheffield bods then. If you could prob a few about this though that would be hugely appreciated...... happy.gif

I'll be there for sure. Also will see how many people we can rally from my end of the country.

I'm afraid to say that I will definately not be there - apart from the fact that I'm actually busy that weekend, it's a fortnight before our baby is due to be born, so I doubt very much my (then) extremely pregnant wife would be overly pleased if I was halfway across the country :)

Good luck everyone, I hope you all have a blast!

Kev

hello steve just to let you known i will be there for both days aplauso.gif

Tallgeese said:

If you could prob a few about this though that would be hugely appreciated...... happy.gif

I poked, prodded, probed and informed, but as my player group is mostly composed of students and people with no money it seems unlikely that there will be Sheffield people there due to transport costs, etc : /

Hopefully there might be enough of us to fill a minibus for the Kotei so we can at least all travel to where you are once, but I'm not sure if they can afford that either...

Well, I hope everyone enjoys the event : )

Sunday Side Event of Doom!!

Starts: Half an hour after the Legacy Nation

Entry: £5

Format: Sealed

For your hard earned you will get One Random Starter/Battle Pack plus at least Ten Boosters to build your deck with. The exact amount of stock will depend on how many people enter, the fewer there are, the more people will get. gran_risa.gif

sorry to say i won't be at this due to being in japan hope everyone has a blast

Tallgeese said:

Sunday Side Event of Doom!!

Starts: Half an hour after the Legacy Nation

Entry: £5

Format: Sealed

For your hard earned you will get One Random Starter/Battle Pack plus at least Ten Boosters to build your deck with. The exact amount of stock will depend on how many people enter, the fewer there are, the more people will get. gran_risa.gif

Will this be on the 28th?

It's after the legacy event, so yes.

Instead of taking part in or as well as taking part in Legacy, lets see how many people we get, could probably run both one after the other. I have a truck load of stock to use up, it's looking more like THREE Decks and I don't know how many boosters for the sealed event.

Will defo be coming!
Im dragging Dan (Nemesis) along with me so thats 2 more for your count.

While im here, could anyone help me get the last few cards for my deck together?
Anybody willing to lend me one or more of the following would be loved forever (in the thought kind of way lengua.gif )

4x Quick Exit

2x Ninja Cannon Fury

1x Stand Off

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Theo

I know Joe has one ninja cannon somewhere, although it's probably not in the folders. other than that you'll have to talk to Joe yourself.

Here's hoping that the legacy highlander is on the Saturday, I can't afford to be there on the Sunday. Also If I have the money I'll bring Joe with me for the Saturday.

Also, is Chun-Li definitely NOT banned for the legacy highlander?

squall14 said:

Also, is Chun-Li definitely NOT banned for the legacy highlander?

Referee Mills Lane says "She's Legal!" happy.gif

A 61lb (or about 30 kilo if you like) box turned up from Fantasy Flight today, packed with more promos and incrementals than you can shake a stick at!!

26 Different Legacy promos and 23 Five Points + Incrementals happy.gif

Yay, prizes! gran_risa.gif

On the subject of prizes, currently sat at home surrounded by more new cardboard than I've seen in a long time. gran_risa.gif

Just want to say a big thank you to Steve for organising this and putting in all the effort. Shame we couldn't have had more people, but I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend so a big thank you to everyone who did turn up.

I had a fantastic weekend, it was great to see people make the effort for a "dead" game. happy.gif Grats to Bevan for taking the win on Saturday and Grats to Rob for winning Sunday. Thank you all for making it a cool event, I think I may run the odd event the future now........ happy.gif

steve thanks for a great weekend plus a lot of cards and i will have to make a couple of decks just in case demonio.gif

Well if you keep running events then I'll keep turning up. Can't say fairer than that really. gran_risa.gif