A variation on "Nose Punch"

By Darth Sanguis, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

@Drasnighta , after all the times I'd heard you talk about how fun "Nose Punch" is I had to try it for my self.

I built this variation:

Bloody Nose
Author: Darth Sanguis

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: Grand Moff Tarkin

Assault Objective: Most Wanted
Defense Objective: Capture the VIP
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

[ flagship ] Interdictor-class Combat Refit (93 points)
- Grand Moff Tarkin ( 38 points)
- Flight Commander ( 3 points)
- Fighter Coordination Team ( 3 points)
- Expanded Hangar Bay ( 5 points)
- G7-X Grav Well Projector ( 2 points)
= 144 total ship cost

Gladiator I-Class Star Destroyer (56 points)
- Demolisher ( 10 points)
- Navigation Officer ( 6 points)
- Ordnance Experts ( 4 points)
- Engine Techs ( 8 points)
- Expanded Launchers ( 13 points)
= 97 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Assault Carriers (28 points)
- Bomber Command Center ( 8 points)
= 36 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Assault Carriers (28 points)
- Comms Net ( 2 points)
= 30 total ship cost

1 Major Rhymer ( 16 points)
3 TIE Bomber Squadrons ( 27 points)
3 TIE Fighter Squadrons ( 24 points)
1 Dengar ( 20 points)

The fleet performed perfectly!

My opponent had a higher bid and made me take first player(what luck am I right?) I chose station assault, 'cause I knew I'd be able to get my bombers in there and rack up 80 points really easy. After set up he deployed the stations next to each other in one of the corners (probably forgetting I had the g7xs) so I dropped the token in his deploy a perfect distance 3.25 from the edge forcing any of his ships wanting to deploy near the stations to deploy at zero. He deployed 3 ships there. I set up my Interdictor and Glad to bloody him up hard.

oRBt7zo.jpg

Round 1 I used the INT to Rhymer the station dropping it 2 remaining hull, followed by my glad I was able to soften the other station with a single shot from my front arc after moving. I then used my Gozantis to grant a token with comms net and activate all my ties which moved in and struck his xwings

Round 2 I use the INT to move the bombers in to soften his flagship (red) and ate away a good chunk of his shields. He got a couple good shots on the fighters between his Xs and Es moved to intercept the bombers. He moved his flagship up. I targeted the station with one attack and his flagship with the other, (clearing the station).

PWySZXO.jpg

Beginning of round 3^

I had first activation so I vaporized his flagship with a double arc, and crashed into his GR75 landing some damage on it. He tried to chew up my bombers and got to Rhymer. I then moved my interdictor up and vaporized the other station and put a couple of points of damage on his fighter wing. He took a couple shots at the demolisher, but failed to do more than a couple of points in damage.

The game ended round 4 as his pelta was doubled in my Demos front and side... my victory.

It was a fun game! Nose punch is a neat Idea, I was a little disappointed I didn't have the opportunity to reach across the table with it though! lol