Few questions

By Rasiel, in Fury Of Dracula

We played two games already but still we have a few questions about rules:

1. When moving on sea dracula doesnt show his location unless Storm seas event card is played on his current location?

2. Rules say "If there are no further encounters in the Hunter’s location, the Hunter’s turn ends." After resolving encounter you cannot fight dracula unless the encounter has battle involved?

3. When dracula ends his move on sea, can he mature his encounters dropping off or he can just put it in the catacombs? Rules say action phase is skipped but it is written in 1st step of this phase, we dont know if it is mistake or not.

thanks for answers :)

Sorry don't have much time but while you wait for Dam's precise explanations here I'd say with my poor memories from long time ago games :

1) yes, you're right, you just see the blue back

2) I think you fight drac only if you propely succeded the encounters before him

3) hmm no, i think they do mature normally or they go normally "catacombily" !

Bye !

1) I mean if hunter moves to location where dracula was(is) on sea if that location is revealed or not. Due to skip action phase ...

2) so its your guess only ? Its confused because there is no explanation what time do you exactly meet dracula in fight... on some encounters there is "end turn" so its clear, but on others is nothing only that weird sentence in RB.

3) found it in faq ... my bad :)

And another question.

There is a card that says to move a hunter to adjacent location, does the hunter resolve encounters (action phase?) in the new location ? or what phase does he have to continue ? or his turn end immediately ? i think card doesnt say that...

Nobody know the answer ? :( Or am I so silly to understand how it works ?

I don't have my copy of the game in front of me. When is this card played? Is it a hunter card or a Dracula card? Is it Play Immediately or Keep?

Its Dracula Keep card.

I dont have the game with me either, as it is my friends game. And I cant remember if it is Wild Horses Card, or some other card he used...

Rasiel said:

We played two games already but still we have a few questions about rules:

1. When moving on sea dracula doesnt show his location unless Storm seas event card is played on his current location?

2. Rules say "If there are no further encounters in the Hunter’s location, the Hunter’s turn ends." After resolving encounter you cannot fight dracula unless the encounter has battle involved?

3. When dracula ends his move on sea, can he mature his encounters dropping off or he can just put it in the catacombs? Rules say action phase is skipped but it is written in 1st step of this phase, we dont know if it is mistake or not.

thanks for answers :)

#4: And another question.

There is a card that says to move a hunter to adjacent location, does the hunter resolve encounters (action phase?) in the new location ? or what phase does he have to continue ? or his turn end immediately ? i think card doesnt say that...

#1: Not revealed.

#2: You're meant to then deal with Dracula, even though the wording indicates otherwise. Pretty silly if Dracula could avoid any combat just by dropping non-Agent encounters to where ever he currently is. The bit about then encountering Dracula (assuming the Encounter didn't end your turn, Fog, Bats, etc.) is missing I would say.

#3: FAQ states you can Mature encounters dropped off while at sea (even if moved by Stormy Seas), so Catacombs should work as well. Not that we've ever actually used Catacombs...

#4: Wild Horses states "The Hunter may then rest, resupply, or trade, even if he has had an encounter this turn."

#4: Wild Horses states "The Hunter may then rest, resupply, or trade, even if he has had an encounter this turn."

Yes i think this is the card ... it says you can resuply trade or rest, but it doesnt say if you have to resolve encounter if there are some in you new location or even if you turn new location card faceup if it is in Draculas trail.

I would think so otherwise what would be the point? You could just stay where you were otherwise. For example, you know the last encounter on the track is a new vampire token so you rush over to kill it. Similarily, your horse gets you there fast, doesn't mean Dracula's goons aren't still waiting to spring a trap.

Except it's Dracula who moves the Hunter (IIRC the card correctly). Of course, an idiot Count might move a Hunter to his New Vampire, esp. during the day, but seems unlikely gui%C3%B1o.gif .

Yes Dracula plays this card, so it would have no sence if he moves you onto his vampire encounter.

But i was asking if hunter turn the location card faceup if its in Draculas Trail/Catacombs and if he have to resolve encounters if there are some. The card explain situation where Dracula moves the hunter on empty location...

No one answers to that yet :)

Rasiel said:

Yes Dracula plays this card, so it would have no sence if he moves you onto his vampire encounter.

But i was asking if hunter turn the location card faceup if its in Draculas Trail/Catacombs and if he have to resolve encounters if there are some. The card explain situation where Dracula moves the hunter on empty location...

No one answers to that yet :)

I would say yes, the location is revealed and the encounter is faced. If Dracula wants to help the hunters find him it's his own **** fault.

Steve-O said:

I would say yes, the location is revealed and the encounter is faced. If Dracula wants to help the hunters find him it's his own **** fault.

He can use that card only just before hunter starts combat with him... So how will he help them if they already know where he is ? :) Point is, to move hunter on adjacent location where he can have Fog or Bats encounter or something like that... if encounters will be resolved after card is played, it can only help Dracula.

On #2: the Hunter goes through the encounter(s) in the order of Dracula's choice, revealing them one by one. If no encounter causes immediate end of turn effect on the Hunter (Fog, Bats, Saboteur or a Minion/Assasin combat with an 'end combat' result) than the Hunter finally faces Dracula if he is in the city.

On #4: the card's name is 'Wild Horses' and Dracula moves the Hunter to a connected city, where the Hunter faces the encounter(s) if there are any there, or can rest/resupply/trade if there is nothing.