Will there be any more expansions?

By player2538047, in Talisman

It's been slightly over a year since the last expansion was released. Are there any plans to release another expansion any time soon?

Haven't you heard the news and watched the posts? Talisman is out of print. Fantasy Flight Games can't even sell it any more. To ask this question, you will have to go to Games Workshop.

Not everybody keeps up with the news. - Unfortunately, Fantasy Flight no longer has the license from Games Workshop, so there won't be any new content for the 4th edition, as well as what Doma said.

However, GW has already announced that they will be making a 5th edition, though no further information is available up until this point.

Other than that it is supposed to be released "later this year", whatever that means. [No guaranty.]

On 06/06/2017 at 7:31 AM, Lorinor said:

However, GW has already announced that they will be making a 5th edition, though no further information is available up until this point.

As far as I know, GW is reprinting 4thR, with no announcements for a 5th ed. This means new expansions are definitely a possibility.

Back when I made that post, we didn't really have any detailed statements on what to expect.
It wasn't until much later, that we learned about the bunch of 4th Edition reprints that were
planed instead of a new one.

As for the future: With the recent announcement about multiple new games which use
Talisman's setting, it was also said that there are currently no plans to make anything new
for 4th Edition and/or reprint anything, including the batch that just has been.

Sadly, this probably marks the end of any content for this one being printed, old (reprint)
and new alike. To be honest, I don't quite understand why GW refuses to fully milk the cow
they forced to come back to them - but many (big) companies make stupid decisions these
days, so I guess it can't be helped.

If I'm wrong, I'll gladly be so. If not - it was a great run with 4th Edition for me and my friends
and we will still play lots of games with it in the future, because I can't see it getting stale
any time time soon (we've got all the expansions). :wub: