Organized Play in Seattle?

By jl_zao, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

So, January 7th the leagues are supposed to kick off...anyone planning on league play in Seattle? Rings? First Pick Games?

Looking forward to the new year!

We will be having a League in Bellingham at Uncle's Games in Bellis Fair mall. One of the workers is signing up for the Nights Watch.

Heck, I didn't even see that!

I am planning a big release - maybe not on 1/7, but in January hopefully. Free product (plus I will be giving away Core sets I won at GC at Magic tourneys, and Star Trek). Hopefully that will get some more interest...

I'm there, Rings!

Just hope you announce the dates with some advance notice so I can make sure to do make time work/family-wise.

Thanks!

Jeremy

PS: Do you have any plans for Call of Cthulhu OP as well?

I'm hoping that a nice organized play system is in place a few months from now--I'm moving to Seattle in August and would love to play regularly.

Would love to see you!

We have our first league set-up coming 2/7/09. Hope to see people there!

www.firstpickgames.com

That's great to hear that things are coming together! I look forward to joining the crowd this summer.

I'm planning on being there Saturday!

One more reminder - hope to see everyone on Saturday! I think it is scheduled for 2.00pm.

jl_zao said:

Hmmm...for saying this, and being the author of this thread...you would think we would have saw you! ;)

Had six players. Thanks to everyone who participated. Hopefully we can get more for next month's league!

rings said:

jl_zao said:

Hmmm...for saying this, and being the author of this thread...you would think we would have saw you! ;)

Had six players. Thanks to everyone who participated. Hopefully we can get more for next month's league!

I was just logging on to email you...glad I checked this first!

You have every right to call me out, Rings. I feel terrible and hypocritical.

I'm so sorry for missing out yesterday! It's the second time now that I've missed you all playing at First Pick, and it sucks. Unfortunately, on Thursday we heard some bad news from my wife's family who live in Guatemala. I need to leave to go visit on Wednesday, which meant no time this weekend, and no money to spare for games.

However, I could've at least remembered to email you all to let you know my disappointment.

I guess that's part of married and working life, huh? Life ends of taking priority over gaming...again...and again...and again!

It's good to hear that you all had 6 people, though. Does that mean you'll keep doing things at the store?

jl_zao said:

Does that mean you'll keep doing things at the store?

Well, I guess you kind of answered that question with: "next month's league." I should be back from Guatemala by then...but the money situation...not so sure. I don't even have a core set yet!

We have decks to borrow, and the such. You should just come out to hang out and talk about the game!

Anyways, good luck down South (that sounded bad...), and take care of business. ~But i expect you at the next league, deck or no deck ;) Being married only works so long...trust me i use that excuse a lot!

rings said:

Being married only works so long...trust me i use that excuse a lot!

It's true!

When is the next scheduled Saturday game? I checked the website's Event tab and nothing is scheduled for the rest of Feb. and March is blank all together.

Saturday the 28th is the next league day. I am hoping to have LCG format, and maybe a 'cube draft' initial format!

This weekend, yo! Hope to see peoples there.

I had a lot of fun on Saturday, and I look forward to the next one!

Sure, I lost a whole bunch, but that's what I expect for being new, and for building my deck 5 minutes before the event!

That said, I'm amazed and frightened by how quickly Matt and Nick played when they played each other. How does one process all the information on the table that quickly? Is it just knowing the cards? Does that mean that when I play all slow and cautiously I'm boring the hell out of my opponent?

Anyhow, thanks for organizing it, Matt.

Jeremy

My thanks to everyone! We had 5 for the league, and 6 overall (james + sleep winning yet again). :)

Yeah, playing fast is two things. One is knowing the cards, two is just playing thousands of times. You know what is going to happen a couple of steps ahead, and know 90% of the time how the rest of the turn is going to play out - especially with a limited card pool. There are very few dominance events that are playable, for example. Actually, the lack of playable events in general allow you to see the board and know the turn - although lethal counterattack and Lanni Pays Debts/Writ small can change things in a hurry.

Had a new player from Canada, and a Magic transplant new player - great times!

Remember - league on Saturday! Hope to play the cube to if we have time :)

See y'all there.

June league date?

I can't make it on June 13, but I can make it any other weekend in June, I think.

I also see on the First Pick calendar that there is AGOT free play on Thursdays at 3pm. Any chance anyone will still be playing at 7:30pm when I get off work? That's my big problem with weekdays, is that I work so late!

Any chance anyone up for just some casual play some other evening or weekend afternoon, league or no league?

Also, Rings, I read your post on the metagame thread in General Discussion, and I want to take responsibility for my part in adding to your frustration. For one, these last 3 months have been extremely hard with work and family stuff, and two is that actually having something only once a month for some reason makes it easier to slip for me than if it were a more regular night or afternoon. However, I'm excited about the new Chapter Pack cycle, and would like to keep playing at First Pick.

Hey Rings, I wanted to check in with you to see what you had planned for the NW Regional, or more specifically when you were planning to have it? Christi and I are going to be there and we need to figure out the driving vs. flying equation. (flying is preferred, but maybe we could talk some roadies into getting a party bus and joining us for the drive...kevin, jesse, luke, johnny etc.)

Also Syd and I are thinking of having Calicon mid-to-late July and i wanted to make sure this did not interfere with your tourney. Thanks gran_risa.gif

Chaos,

Still just a tad up in the air. I think Djester has my e-mail, maybe we should take this conversation direct :)

Either way you are welcome here, and we have an extra room if you want to save a couple of $$'s! :)

Rings,

any plans to host the new story-line league?