Passage through mirkwood adventure packs

By BaelishtheGrey, in Player community

Hi There,

I have just bought the core set and I want to expand into the expansions. I cannot find the first AP anywhere, (the hunt for gollum). Is there a reason it is so hard to find?

thanks

2 hours ago, BaelishtheGrey said:

Hi There,

I have just bought the core set and I want to expand into the expansions. I cannot find the first AP anywhere, (the hunt for gollum). Is there a reason it is so hard to find?

thanks

The game is insanely popular. I also think FFG under-prints new batches to keep the demand high.

On a separate note, the passage through mirkwood opening scenario is listed as difficulty :1. I've played with all 4 starter decks and I have only got to card 3B once! Am I pants or is this game just tough? I dread to think what the nightmare decks are like !

The game is indeed tough. I wouldn't put too much stock in those difficulty ratings, they're notorious for not being very accurate.

It's also worth mentioning that the starter decks are a great way to get to know how each sphere works, but they're not each equally capable on their own. Once you've learned how each one works, you'll do much better if you combine the spheres into a more well rounded deck.

Just about to sit down and put together my first now. Is 50 the best way of going about it , or is 50 the upper limit and most go for , say, 40?

50 is the standard minimum deck size for "Tournament Deckbuilding" (which is the style most people play) but there aren't quite enough cards in the Core Set alone to build a decent 50 card deck. My advice is not to worry about the minimum deck size until you have a few more cards.

I just played through passage through mirkwood and actually finished it! Got pretty lucky with the card draw, but having used my own deck I'm pretty happy. Onto the Anduin! Edit: finished with a score of 105. No idea what it means but sounds ok !

Edited by BaelishtheGrey

From experience if you are playing solo it is a lot harder, especially with just the cards from the core set. When I moved to playing 2 decks (by myself) it became a whole lot more manageable. Solo deck can work but I think you need a lot of expansions to tune the deck.

Escape from Dol Guldur is horrendous and I would say almost impossible solo. Even with 2 decks, I would recommend "choosing" your hero to be captured rather than randomly selecting, to have a fighting chance.

All of the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle should be back in stock in stores now. They are in the UK, anyway.