Sharing 96 maps of Star Wars planets - now with a custom galaxy map!

By Kevlar - Draugtroll, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Thought i'd share the planetary maps i made and use for my campaigns. If you find them useful please check the link for updates as i'll keep adding new planets to the folder.

Check the link below for the maps.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz3WUbD79xrdYUJsV3VYM2dLUHc?usp=sharing

An example:

saleucami_by_draugtroll-dbau0ht.jpg

gyndine_by_draugtroll-dbazb6b.jpg

Every planet can be found on this custom galaxy map i've made:

kevlar_s_star_wars_galaxy_map_by_draugtr

Edited by Kevlar - Draugtroll

Another example: rendili_by_draugtroll-dbay2ii.jpg

Better quality version in the link.

These are super useful. I find that having even a single picture of a location helps me visualize and describe new locations to my players. Just getting a peak at the environment and architecture is what does it. I'll be using these in my game.

Yeah they help set the tone for the PC's when they arrive at a new planet. I personally use them in tabletop simulator, but i know people who use them in Roll20. There are ofcourse many other ways to use them aswell, such as the one you described:)

These are brilliant!

I am starting to do some games online and these will really help.

Are you taking any requests?

27 minutes ago, DesTheDestroyer said:

These are brilliant!

I am starting to do some games online and these will really help.

Are you taking any requests?

Yes, but i cannot garantee any ETA on them, as i'm currently working on my final exams this semester:)

Amazing! Generous! Thank you!

Wow these are awesome! And they will great on our LCD gaming table :)

Thanks!

These are amazing, fantastic work!

Bimmisaari added. bimmisaari_by_draugtroll-dbb5yqq.jpg

What's taking you so long? I need the Parlemian Way mapped out pronto! :D

J/k, those are awesome, man. Great work.

17 minutes ago, NateTheGreat said:

What's taking you so long? I need the Parlemian Way mapped out pronto! :D

J/k, those are awesome, man. Great work.

I'm working my way up there next! :)

Love these, will definitely add to my game!

These are great. A complete world map is rarely needed, so I like that you went with the "most commonly visited" local map. Adding a photo or two does wonders for getting the feel of the world while making it more memorable for the players. I especially like how you added the orbital platform in the example above.

If a referee later has an adventure move to another part of the world, a second file could always be made. For example, you might have a Tatooine_MosEisley version while later adding Tatooine_Anchorhead.

Many of your maps are made using Google maps?

Edited by Sturn
32 minutes ago, Sturn said:

These are great. A complete world map is rarely needed, so I like that you went with the "most commonly visited" local map. Adding a photo or two does wonders for getting the feel of the world while making it more memorable for the players. I especially like how you added the orbital platform in the example above.

If a referee later has an adventure move to another part of the world, a second file could always be made. For example, you might have a Tatooine_MosEisley version while later adding Tatooine_Anchorhead.

Many of your maps are made using Google maps?

That is correct. I start by doing some research regarding the specific planet i'm trying to make. Then spend quite a while probing around google maps (sometimes way too long) To find a suitable starting template.

Find a satellite image such as this:

before2_by_draugtroll-dbb9qe9.jpg

Then work manipulate/paint over it in photoshop to get the result i want:

sarapin_by_draugtroll-dbb9qoa.jpg

To quote my buddy who sent me the link to your maps, "Whoever made it is a [expletive deleted ;) ] champion."

This is really great, and thank you for your hard work. (And good luck on your finals!)

Edited by astronautcowboy

Thank you - these are just great!

I'm glad this thread was dug up so I wouldn't miss it. These are amazing. Thanks!

Awesome!

These fit perfectly in my current campaign! (if the players ever manage to get off Nar Shaddaa)

Glad you find them useful.

I apologize for the lack of updates, been busy the past couple of months. I'll be back at it in a week or two:)

It's been a while, but here's another planet. Located in the Kastolar sector, close to Kashyyyk/trandosha. It's added to google docs.

Chalacta.

chalacta_by_draugtroll-dbtoca5.jpg

And two more:

Boz pity by Draugtroll

charros_iv_by_draugtroll-dbtohnk.jpg

On 29.5.2017 at 5:05 PM, Kevlar - Draugtroll said:

Thought i'd share the planetary maps i made and use for my campaigns. If you find them useful please check the link for updates as i'll keep adding new planets to the folder.

Check the link below for the maps.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz3WUbD79xrdYUJsV3VYM2dLUHc?usp=sharing

Those are AWESOME.

But you know what would make them even more awesome? Layers. Any chances that you share some versions with the layers intact with us? So that we can add or remove some parts of your really awesome collages as needed?

Sorry, i don't have them saved as psb/png files, thus layering is no longer and option on the planets made so far. But if you have a specific request for a specific planet i'm sure i can help out, and save it layered.

5 hours ago, Kevlar - Draugtroll said:

Sorry, i don't have them saved as psb/png files, thus layering is no longer and option on the planets made so far. But if you have a specific request for a specific planet i'm sure i can help out, and save it layered.

It's cool. And no need for extra work just for me. Especially not when I had nothing specific in mind.

My first reaction to seeing the files was just that it would be super cool to print each of the elements separately, pin them together with some paper clip and hand them out to the group as a whole. Wiki summary, pictures, maps and all as one package when ordering the AoR group onto some planet on a mission.