Diagonal LOS

By Botanikys, in Doom

Hello there!

I have a short question: can the marine attack zombie over diagonal LOS?

Also what kind of attack do invaders have? melle or shooting? Do zombies have to look on numbers on dices?

Your questions seem weird. Is it your first play ? or maybe I didn't get what you meant, surely can happen since I'm not native english spoken.

Anyway. Yes for your first question, and both for your second : the color is indicated on the reference sheet for melee or ranged attacking monsters.

(if I recall everything well from my last played games, sorry, cause it's been several months now...)

Ok, just to be sure there's no Dam lurking behind me, ready to jump on any mistake from his frenchie kwaky prey, I've checked the booklet and here it is :

Page 10 for your question 1

Page 8 + FAQ page 3 for your question 2

Cheers :)

THank You very much! And yes, I am new to this game. happy.gif

Hem said:

Ok, just to be sure there's no Dam lurking behind me, ready to jump on any mistake from his frenchie kwaky prey, I've checked the booklet and here it is :

Archvile Dam shoots at Hem from 8 spaces away in the Darkness demonio.gif .

Botanikys said:

I have a short question: can the marine attack zombie over diagonal LOS?

Absolutely. As long as you can draw a straight line from the center of your space to the center of (one of) the monster's space(s) without crossing anything that blocks LoS, you can shoot it. This can get tricky with some angles to detemrine if you're safe, but there are methods of determining this online. Check boardgamegeek.com and here.

Botanikys said:

Also what kind of attack do invaders have? melle or shooting? Do zombies have to look on numbers on dices?

IIRC, there's a little icon showing if the invader makes ranged or melee attacks. If I'm wrong about that, you can just look at the dice. If it uses the red die, it's a melee attack, if it uses the blue die it's ranged. Just like for marines, invaders who make melee attacks (like zombies) do not need to check the range rolled, but they can only hit adjacent targets of course.

On the cheat-sheet that shows the Invader monsters (and the marine weapons), the ones that have their special abilities in red are the melee ones. So, that's the Zombie, the Trite, the Demon, and the Hell Knight in the base set (Baby-Bird and Maggot in the Expansion). The same is true for melee abilities. The red ones are the Fist and the Chainsaw (in case that wasn't already apparent ;) ).

-shnar

Dam said:

Archvile Dam shoots at Hem from 8 spaces away in the Darkness demonio.gif .

Duck missed. Dog mocks you.

:D

Hem said:

Duck missed. Dog mocks you.

LOL. Best comeback ever.