Waiqar combos

By druchii7, in Runewars Tactics

I'm planning to make a list of powerful units and combos or lighter but very optimal units. Please add your suggestions and if necessary, explain why they're powerful.

Carrion lancer combos:

2x2 or 3x2 + combat ingenuity + master crafted weapons 56-78 pts Damage dealer

2x2 + fire rune + simultaneous orders 55 pts Damage dealer

Reanimate archers combos:

2x2 or 3x2 + fire rune + close quarters targeting 42 - 55 pts Damage dealer. 2x2 requires Ardus.

2x1 or 2x2 + combat ingenuity 21 -35 pts Support (blight)

3x2 + wind rune + raven standerd bearer + combat ingenuity 60 pts. Support/Sneaky

Reanimate combos:

4x3 + file leader + front line carrion lancer (5) + blighted vexillium/raven standar bearer (3) + moment of inspiration/flank guards (5) 83 pts Damage dealer/defensive combat

4x3 + Ardus + triumphant cry + moment of inspiration 95 pts Damage dealer. Specialized on weak units.

3x2 reanimates + deathcaller + support carrion lancer + blighted vexillum bearer + tactical drummer + simultaneous orders. 53 pts. Ranged damage (resillient units specialized)

Death knights combos:

2x2 + Duskblade + combat ingenuity: 56 pts Damage dealer, tough defense specialized

Edited by druchii7

Very cool idea.

Did you catch @jek 's sticky and burning Carrion Lancers?

Carrion Lancers x2 [27]
--Equipment: Fire Rune [7]
--Training: Simultaneous Orders [2]
----------Total Unit Cost: 36

For one skill modifier they can blight and do damage at the same time. Pretty slick!

I am waiting for the lancer pack to release so I can try the 3x2 with CI and MCW. I want to test it out as an alternative to the 4x3 reanimates. It is a bit more resilient while dropping off a smidge of damage potential.

This threat is a cool idea.

I think, it is also very useful, if we talk about the lists, where these combos are implement.

On 2017-5-26 at 7:50 PM, Parakitor said:

Very cool idea.

Did you catch @jek 's sticky and burning Carrion Lancers?

Carrion Lancers x2 [27]
--Equipment: Fire Rune [7]
--Training: Simultaneous Orders [2]
----------Total Unit Cost: 36

For one skill modifier they can blight and do damage at the same time. Pretty slick!

Added it. Changed it to 2x2, because your configuration needs to fiel Ardus and in the future he might not be so frequently fielded

3x2 Archers -wind rune -raven standerd bearer -combat ingenuity. It's really great.

4x3 reanimates with Ardus - triumphant cry - and moment of inspiration is amusing.

Personal favorite - Deathblighter lite: 3x2 reanimates - deathcaller - support lancer - blighted vexillum bearer - tactical drummer - simultaneous orders.

yes, it needs ardus' list power to work. Just walk it into range spamming skill modifier, and once it starts getting charged start shifting back and keep on knocking units out of your opponents trays. Really good vs heroes and golems, very weak against other reanimates.

23 hours ago, Jukey said:

3x2 Archers -wind rune -raven standerd bearer -combat ingenuity. It's really great.

4x3 reanimates with Ardus - triumphant cry - and moment of inspiration is amusing.

Personal favorite - Deathblighter lite: 3x2 reanimates - deathcaller - support lancer - blighted vexillum bearer - tactical drummer - simultaneous orders.

yes, it needs ardus' list power to work. Just walk it into range spamming skill modifier, and once it starts getting charged start shifting back and keep on knocking units out of your opponents trays. Really good vs heroes and golems, very weak against other reanimates.

added!

I just have the core so far but I've been having success with 3x2 reanimates with lancer and terrifying hearldry

On 2017-6-2 at 4:24 PM, Klaxas said:

I just have the core so far but I've been having success with 3x2 reanimates with lancer and terrifying hearldry

IMO that's not a combo, because there's no interaction or synergy between support carrion lancer and terrifying heraldry. They're just nice upgrades and work more or less independently.

On 30 May 2017 at 6:24 PM, Jukey said:

I used this on the weekend to kill Hawthorn from a distance. Got the first 3 wounds off him before he engaged. The used a backwards shift to take off his last wound.

I used trumpets. Doing a banked charge gets you more fowards range.

Very effective as Maro was embedded in a 2x2 (Ardus List) so was constantly bumping the unit up.so it then countercharged a big block of spear men for the win.

Ankaur with Regenerative magic and Heart seeker. Blue runes? Stack those full trays. 4 Red runes shoot enemies engaged with reanimates or dial a mortal wound and pop those Golems or Calvary, and with Regenerative magic get 1 health back! So what if the targets engaged it's only skeletons?

On 17/07/2017 at 0:47 PM, Thornoo1 said:

I used this on the weekend to kill Hawthorn from a distance. Got the first 3 wounds off him before he engaged. The used a backwards shift to take off his last wound.

I used trumpets. Doing a banked charge gets you more fowards range.

Very effective as Maro was embedded in a 2x2 (Ardus List) so was constantly bumping the unit up.so it then countercharged a big block of spear men for the win.

I didn't think that trumpets helped with charges?

10 minutes ago, Koutarou said:

I didn't think that trumpets helped with charges?

The current consensus in the rules forum agrees with you, but I wouldn't mind seeing it added to the FAQ soon.

4 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

The current consensus in the rules forum agrees with you, but I wouldn't mind seeing it added to the FAQ soon.

I'll be waiting until the FAQ before I head down that ruling pathway, happy to be wrong. Gaming rules never survive contact with players.

Reanimates - Deathcaller, Support Careion Lancer, Silmatenous Orders

Death Knights - Raven Tabards (an initiative 2 march 2 charge is awesome)

Wraiths - Metered March, Undying Hate

These require Ardus in the list... I like to run both of these at the same time. with some archers and lancers. this is a wound machine.

Reanimates

3x2 Deathcaller, Support Carrion Lancer, Simultaneous Orders

3x2 Executioner, Front Line Carrion Lancer, Blighted Vexillum

This looks pretty fun. I like that it can pose some target priority problems for your opponents sniping.

1 hour ago, Curlycross said:

These require Ardus in the list... I like to run both of these at the same time. with some archers and lancers. this is a wound machine.

Reanimates

3x2 Deathcaller, Support Carrion Lancer, Simultaneous Orders

3x2 Executioner, Front Line Carrion Lancer, Blighted Vexillum

@Curlycross

Interested idea to run both blocks in the same list.

But what is the task of the executioner in this list, to hunt down enemy heros like the Lord or Kari, that were wounded before from the deathcaller.

How do you excute unit upgrades, you have to run Ardus, is he involved in the same close combat?

I use the executioner in lists with Maro because of his range attack.

8 minutes ago, Rhargar said:

@Curlycross

Interested idea to run both blocks in the same list.

But what is the task of the executioner in this list, to hunt down enemy heros like the Lord or Kari, that were wounded before from the deathcaller.

How do you excute unit upgrades, you have to run Ardus, is he involved in the same close combat?

I use the executioner in lists with Maro because of his range attack.

Support carrion lancer blights a target at range. Death Caller wounds them, executioner kills them. Or if you get charged blighted blights them front line wounds them and executioner kills them.

Ardus is used to block and he gets the blight/mortal of the carrion lancer and archers that are running around as well.

In regards to Maro, I have a list that runs Maro w/ violent forces and fortuna's dice, Ardus and these two blocks, I don't know if it's enough but Maro's range and ability to roll or use fortuna's to get accuracy will allow him to wound a FLRG or figure upgrade and executioner can finish them. I've not run this particular list but it is one I created.

Edited by Curlycross
addiotional information

@Curlycross

But for my understanding death caller can't deal wounds on unit upgrades, only on heros, there he is great.

With two red dices I don't see a big chance to dial damage on an unit upgrade with the front line lancer.

3 minutes ago, Rhargar said:

@Curlycross

But for my understanding death caller can't deal wounds on unit upgrades, only on heros, there he is great.

With two red dices I don't see a big chance to dial damage on an unit upgrade with the front line lancer.

Death Caller is "Spend a blight on an enemy to make them suffer (Stable Runes) wounds."

Executioner is "Choose a wounded figure in an enemy unit and remove it"

From Executioner post everyone has agreed that a single Hawthorne is a figure in a unit therefore you can remove him if he has a wound.

5 minutes ago, Rhargar said:

@Curlycross

I agree two red isn't the best, but that's a back up the idea is really to have the executioner feeding off the death caller in the other block.

Wounds can only be applied to BACK RANKS when targeting a unit.

Executioner still works that way but Deathcaller doesnt allocate the wound to the figure upgrade.

Edited by oda204

But is there any good combo for Waiqar to deal with unit upgrades without havving a range attack without accuracy?

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:33 PM, oda204 said:

Wounds can only be applied to BACK RANKS when targeting a unit.

Executioner still works that way but Deathcaller doesnt allocate the wound to the figure upgrade.

Actually Executioner takes out any unit that is not at full health. So if you're against a Front Line Rune Golem that has been wounded once with Accuracy, Executioner takes him out. Deathercaller doesn't, but this list is great for wounds, so Oathsworn heavy or hero heavy lists, not spearstars.

1 hour ago, Curlycross said:

Actually Executioner takes out any unit that is not at full health. So if you're against a Front Line Rune Golem that has been wounded once with Accuracy, Executioner takes him out. Deathercaller doesn't, but this list is great for wounds, so Oathsworn heavy or hero heavy lists, not spearstars.

That's what I was saying. I was replying to the incorrect statement that Deathcaller could allocate wounds to figure upgrades. There was talk going around about this with both examples of a singular tray with a Hero (i.e. Hawthorne) and a spearstar with FLRG. Deathcaller always allocates wounds to the BACK RANK, which if you have a single tray, would be that tray. Clarification between the two statements as they were given simultaneously without clarification in regards to Deathcaller (or rather wound allocation in general as Deathcaller follows the basic rules)

Also Executioner is remove Figure, not unit. Doesn't matter much, but keywords are keywords, and they get misconstrued quite easily when improperly used.