#L5RLive

By FFGElena, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

15 minutes ago, psychie said:

while I had missed that 10:30 check in start in that article, I get the feeling that the idea (or at least the decision) to have the parade beforehand came after this announcement, as more recent discussions of the parade give the impression that it will end at 1:00 in the hall where the tourney will take place, so this info still feels as though it could be out of date.

Thank you, though.

If you mean the more recent "Your Path Into Rokugan" and "Kiku Matsuri and Honored Preview Events" news items (posted August 1st), those both also list the opening ceremony starting at 1pm Eastern Daylight Time, to "kick off the festivities" and "kick off the debut", respectively. I would have to assume that includes the parade, as it makes no sense have the parade take place before the announced kick-off time.

I seem to recall from the last l5r live they said that the parade would lead into the opening ceremony, which is at 1.

What effect do you expect Andrew Navaro's promotion to have on L5R?

On 11/08/2017 at 3:57 AM, Zesu Shadaban said:

If you mean the more recent "Your Path Into Rokugan" and "Kiku Matsuri and Honored Preview Events" news items (posted August 1st), those both also list the opening ceremony starting at 1pm Eastern Daylight Time, to "kick off the festivities" and "kick off the debut", respectively. I would have to assume that includes the parade, as it makes no sense have the parade take place before the announced kick-off time.

The Gen Con events guide advertises that the L5R Parade starts at 11.30am proceeding from Georgia Street to the Fantasy Flight Games event area in ICC Hall E.

2 hours ago, Crawell said:

The Gen Con events guide advertises that the L5R Parade starts at 11.30am proceeding from Georgia Street to the Fantasy Flight Games event area in ICC Hall E.

I see that, though it's easy to miss. That's kind of poor communication on their part, and now I'm really confused just what their timeline is for tomorrow morning. Hopefully they still do that L5RLive tonight to clarify things. Not holding my breath though since afaik nothing has been announced for a time for that tonight.

49 minutes ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

I see that, though it's easy to miss. That's kind of poor communication on their part, and now I'm really confused just what their timeline is for tomorrow morning. Hopefully they still do that L5RLive tonight to clarify things. Not holding my breath though since afaik nothing has been announced for a time for that tonight.

I thought they said at the end of the last Live video that that was their last one.

When did they say they were starting the stream and annonceing things like release date, etc?

46 minutes ago, Shu2jack said:

When did they say they were starting the stream and annonceing things like release date, etc?

Their latest Kiku Matsuri announcement said that is supposed to be 1pm EST, on Facebook. So, noon local if you're at Gen Con? Assuming they meant EDT rather than EST. I know participants are supposed to be at their tables at 1pm local.

And fwiw despite what the program book said, there is no parade on. Georgia St right now.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but how do we watch the stream? Will it be on Facebook, or somewhere else? Thank you all!

3 minutes ago, twinstarbmc said:

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but how do we watch the stream? Will it be on Facebook, or somewhere else? Thank you all!

announcement said Facebook, should be similar to their previous #L5RLive streams.

It seems to require Facebook account just to watch?

At what point will the L5R LCG forum get sub-forums like the other LCG forums?

Now that you've seen more of the game, Elena, which clan do you think you'll swear fealty to?

Lore Question:

Is the currency still Koku? And does it still represent the amount of rice a samurai eats in a year?

1 hour ago, PhoenixInferno said:

Now that you've seen more of the game, Elena, which clan do you think you'll swear fealty to?

She was wearing a crane t-shirt at gencon if that means anything. lol

On 8/25/2017 at 10:00 PM, Sparks Duh said:

She was wearing a crane t-shirt at gencon if that means anything. lol

Can we dub her E'crana :D

BANZAI QUESTION

The card text reads: " Action : During a conflict, choose a participating character – that character gets +2[Military] until the end of the conflict. You may lose 1 honor to resolve this ability twice. (Max 1 per conflict.) "

And the from the rules reference (pag #5)
"Dash (–)
In the text of a triggered ability, a dash (–) is used to separate the criteria that are necessary to use the ability from the effect of the ability. Any triggering conditions, play restrictions or permissions, costs, and targeting requirements are denoted before the dash. The ability’s effect is denoted after the dash."

The question is: Can you chose a different target for the second use of the card or it has to be the same as the first one?

The resolution of the ability includes the choosing of the target character or just the part after the dash (the effect)?
To resolve an ability is to resolve this effect? Or it also includes the criteria that are necessary to use that ability?

Thanks!
(and apologies for my rusty english! and/or if a choose the wrong place to ask this)

Edited by Mozal

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Typically when resolving an ability twice you don't repay the costs (anything before the dash), where the choosing takes place. However, "choose" as a word is exempt from being considered a cost despite its position, and all choices are made at step 5 of using abilities, which is explicitly within "resolve this ability twice"'s definition. See: "Cost" on page 5, and "Initiating Abilities/Playing Cards" on page 9.

Edited by player2636234
I got it wrong the first time. wups

How many Action Windows are in the Conflict Phase.

On 9/5/2017 at 9:49 PM, Soul Twister said:

How many Action Windows are in the Conflict Phase.

5 not in a conflict, basically one before each conflict, then one after all of them, then up to 4 windows within each conflict (if it isn't passed). So up to 9 total, but 5 minimum.

Note, I don't know that we will ever get these questions answered. I'm not sure they are bothering with L5RLive anymore