Poison Dart Lancer - WIP

By backupsidekick, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Wanted to post this here as inspiration for individuals that are starting their painting process. I like the idea of a poisonous creature and originally was going to paint a bright yellow and black carrion lancer and the colors just popped. My favorite animal on the planet are the poison dart frogs just simply because of their bright colors. The thought dawned on me, yes these are not the same species, but basing the paint design off of one of the most popularly known poisonous animals on the planet, seems like an easy match. This is the very VERY early stages of painting, lots of bleeding of the colors and no highlights, the boils aren't even touched and still want some black color patterning on the belly/sides, but thought I'd share progress for inspiration. I will post updates later, but if you are looking for a unique color scheme for your lancers, maybe consider these beauties or one of the other color schemes they come in.

Edited by backupsidekick

Very original and very awesome, it just pops!

That's cool.

Holy sh%t! I like it!

That will be a very eye-catching centerpiece to your army! What are you planning for the rest of your Waiqar? Something equally colorful? Jungle juju zombie themed?

i can't wait to paint more carrion worms...

Update to progress.

Based, highlighted, done (enough).

Edited by backupsidekick

Sweet christ thats amazing.

Infantry Command Units painted to go with the Poisonous Carrion Lancers:

My friend is running Orange and Black Daqan. Apparently we take no hostages.

Edited by backupsidekick
removed pictures for dead game.