Latari Elves

By Ywingscum, in Runewars Tactics

I can't wait for the elves. I plan to shoot and shift with archers every turn, makes them very elusive. The scion of Amyhel (sorry butchered that) will immobilize and stun pursuers while Alianna and Leonx riders hunt down the rest of your army. I love the mobility the elves bring and the anti mobility the scions put on your opponent.

I assume at some point elves will get a more melee infantry.

3 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

The scion of Amyhel (sorry butchered that)

Not butchered too bad at all! You just left the "in" off of Aymhelin. :)

Yeah they're softer than their Waiqar and Daqan equivalents, but the mobility they bring is truly absurd. I think as you say, archers kiting with support from the Scions while the Leonx hunt soft targets is going to be the way to go. If the archers can find a piece of overgrown terrain that they can see over/around that the enemy can't enter they're going to be a NIGHTMARE to catch. Their low defense looks like they'll be weak to shooting however.

So Leonx riders can march 4 and select a charge +1. So that's a five forward. They can march 4 and turn with no minus, that's a turn 4. Do we get new templates?

1 hour ago, Ywingscum said:

So Leonx riders can march 4 and select a charge +1. So that's a five forward. They can march 4 and turn with no minus, that's a turn 4. Do we get new templates?

Unfortunately not.

56.2: " • If a movement’s speed is zero or lower, the active unit cannot move during its activation.
• If a movement’s speed is higher than the speed on the available templates of that type, the player uses the template of that type with the highest available speed value."

At least, there are rules in place to handle it if we don't get new templates. It would be awesome if the Latari pack did have new templates for the faster movement. But then such high speeds would need to only be legal for Latari Elves. Otherwise, each faction would need a box where they could get faster templates.