Showcase: Lambda-class Shuttle

By Piscopas, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Greetings, Galactic Citizens.

It's another week, so time for our next showcase thread. There were some really cool modifications in the B-wing thread! This week we'll be featuring the Seinar Fleet Systems Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle . This versatile ship saw use as a shuttle for high-ranking officials, but could also be pressed into service as a troop or cargo transport. With large hull surfaces to work with, there are some really amazing repaints of this ship floating around, so let's see what you came up with!

Don't zoom in on the pictures too much. Keep your distance, but don't look like you're keeping your distance...

Back to the Showcase Index

fXGmGBy.png zE5tJ0I.png

This is a First Order inspired Lambda that I am still working on a bit at a time. The paneling and other details need some shading to make it pop a bit more.

Stark grey Lambda Shuttle with heavy blacklining for the comic book feel I favoured a couple of years ago.

Lambda_zpspuehpg4t.jpg

Oh, I've been waiting for this one...

Utility shuttle for the Crimson Empire splinter.

16105668_1074850049307519_30028921911492

15977924_1074850109307513_42012535905753

Edited by Kleeg005
replaced broken links

Yes, why not! Three "regular" shuttles and one Command/AWACS (SWACS?) type.

P1000017.jpg

P1000020.jpg

P1000021.jpg

Dazzle camo shuttle - in preparation for doing the same to my Deci at some point the the future. This project is still on the planning bench, but Soon™ I promise...

zxde7Nzl.jpg

Great job on the dazzle camo! You've got a few weeks before we showcase the Decimators, so you've got o a little time. Haha!

Nice Repaints so far, The Shuttle is a large canvas to play with.

Here is my attempt at a Lambda of the 181st fighter wing.

dvX06i.jpg

q9UG2P.jpg

24AUFV.jpg

All the best,

Barry

Edited by Barry Harker
8 hours ago, Barry Harker said:

Here is my attempt at a Lambda of the 181st fighter wing.

Sooooo very slick!

(would a "fighter wing" have a shuttle attached? - I'm not familiar with Imperial forces organisational doctrine)

12 hours ago, Piscopas said:

Great job on the dazzle camo! You've got a few weeks before we showcase the Decimators, so you've got o a little time. Haha!

I might even manage to get there! It's a super busy time for me up until about mid june :(

This is the only pic I have of my shuttle. I need a better one that shows off the engine glow. I will try and remember to snap one when I get home tonight.

Lambda1.jpg

Here's mine. The larger one on the left is actually a Hallmark Keepsake ornament. If it were a little smaller it would be almost indistinguishable from the FFG model except that when you push the button the engines glow blue and it plays the imperial march. We used it in some HotAC missions. Whenever it was its turn to move we would push the button. It was awesome - the first ten times or so.

jwplUQJ.jpg

20 hours ago, ABXY said:

Sooooo very slick!

(would a "fighter wing" have a shuttle attached? - I'm not familiar with Imperial forces organisational doctrine)

The TO & E probably has one for the Wing Commander.

On 19/05/2017 at 8:53 AM, ABXY said:

Sooooo very slick!

Well,

My Fighter Wing has its own Shuttle :D .............................

8tzpLz.jpg

Edited by Barry Harker

Bling.

3B8Vu1g.jpg

nFayFnC.jpg

Always two there are ...

xJuCsXt.jpg

On 5/18/2017 at 0:41 PM, Niinivaara said:

I dunno why, but I do so love dark grey panels on black ships.

On 2017-5-18 at 8:03 PM, thespaceinvader said:

Dazzle camo shuttle - in preparation for doing the same to my Deci at some point the the future. This project is still on the planning bench, but Soon™ I promise...

zxde7Nzl.jpg

The Dazzle pattern works really well on the Lambda.

Taking a closer look at it.....I can see a sheen on the upper wings.

Is that a gloss finish on your model.

Great job.

All the best.

Barry.

1 hour ago, Barry Harker said:

The Dazzle pattern works really well on the Lambda.

Taking a closer look at it.....I can see a sheen on the upper wings.

Is that a gloss finish on your model.

Great job.

All the best.

Barry.

Yeah, the paints are gloss finish rattle cans. It was really a quick and dirty test of concept; I'm goign to put a lot more time into the Deci. It also needs some more finishing work done on it, then I could hit it with some matt varnish, but i've got very little incentive to actually put it on the table to I go for projects that actually proviide that reward.

Ha Ha I know what you mean.

Having the time to work on a model and then having the drive to do it.

Be good to see a Deci in that colour Combo though.

.......when the time and enthusiasm allows :P

All the best.

Barry.

=) thanks. It's probably going to be white/purple though. Because purple.

Lots of beautiful paint jobs of this old work horse on this thread.

Here's mine:

YsgARqU.jpg

XN4qRQl.jpg

Edited by Force Majeure

mCVMWgm.jpg

inferno squad lambda

I sort of like that the canopy appears to be weeping blood....

Here's my attempt:

img_9275.jpg

img_7966.jpg