About these 'virtual' campaigns.

By leewroy, in Road to Legend

First of all, I don't want to use any device to play Descent. (and actually I can't at the moment)

After seeing all these quests and campaigns, I started to feel curious about them. Is ist possible to somehow dowload stuff to my pc, and print? I'd like to play these new quests.

Thanks in advance and sorry if it's a dumb question, I really don't know anything related to teh app, never got interested.

At the moment the campaigns in RtL are accessible via the app only. There are no quest rule sheets etc that can be downloaded. The app has a hidden algorithm that determines what happens next depending on player input. In theory you could reverse engineer those quests to be able to play them similar to the Descent POD solo boxes. However that would be a major task, most likely taking many hours just to get 1 quest right.

I see. Thanks for your reply, sadgit.

The app plays differently than a human. It doesn't know the board and doesn't think in the same way. As a result, the app only works with altered rules to allow the app to use swarm tactics in a way that isn't silly. The app wins by killing you, a human player wins by other victory conditions.- thus the scenarios wouldn't transfer well.

On 18/05/2017 at 0:27 PM, Tyrrell said:

The app wins by killing you, a human player wins by other victory conditions.- thus the scenarios wouldn't transfer well.

Hmm, interesting. Could you give me an example?

RtL includes a moral counter. Each time a hero is knocked out the counter is reduced by 1. If heroes have 0 moral and a hero is knocked-out, the quest is lost. At the start of campaign heroes have moral equal to the number of heroes. Heroes gain back moral when they visit a town, it can also be modified by travel events etc.

Edited by Sadgit

Moral, huh? I smell "victory tokens" like on first edition. ;)

In my opinion this is awesome!

Thanks for your rep´ly!