new doom dice vs old doom dice

By Frog, in Doom

Anyone have pics of the new doom dice vs the old doom dice?

I have never seen any pics of the newer dice.

I'm just curious, as I might get the game used and want to know how to determine the difference when asking questions.

Sure, I'll try to take one this weekend...

-shnar

I just ordered a new copy of Doom & Expansion for $65(free shipping) and I hope they have the engraved dice.

I'd still like to see a pic of the dice if anyone can post one. It'll probably be a week or two till I get the games.

It should be here by the time I go home for lunch. The UPS scan says "Out for Delivery" at 6:30am.

I founda pic of the engraved dice at the Geek. I hope these are in the box...

pic408917_md.jpg

Yes!!! I got engraved dice with my new copy of DOOM!!!

Sorry I didn't get around to taking a pic of the dice, was thinking I might do it on Friday (our game night). Might still do it, as it's a good image to have on BGG :)

-shnar

Wow, nice! I would like to have those. Can you still order those?

Scy800 said:

Wow, nice! I would like to have those. Can you still order those?

As far as we know, you can ONLY order those =P

Wait, you can order these? When I spoke with Thaadd last time about this, she said they didn't have anymore (the main reason for buy 2 more copies of Doom during that Christmas sale, to get some more dice. Extra components/figures was just a bonus ;) ).

-shnar

I asked for replacement dice twice, both times I received the normal non-engraved dice.

If its true you can order these, than why are they not on the products page of Doom?

Scy800 said:

I asked for replacement dice twice, both times I received the normal non-engraved dice.

If its true you can order these, than why are they not on the products page of Doom?

Perhaps I'm mistaken then. I had heard all copies of the game past the first printing had these engraved dice (which is probably most if not all copies left for sale these days.) I was assuming the replacement dice ordered through the site would be the same.

I'd even order a set of silk screen dice (and seal them) but i don't think you /can/ order these dice. I asked Thaadd about replacing my fading set and she said they were all out of Doom dice and were most likely not going to get any, ever. (hence the reason I bought the Doom game when it was on sale)

-shnar

I am not going to track another copy of doom just to get the dice. But it's a shame I can't get them in any other way sad.gif

Well, when said copy was only $20, I figured, "Why not?" I also get a full set of minis to tinker with and more map tiles for custom missions :)

-shnar

Well it's actually a matter of space... I already own two copies of Doom (I bought the second one shortly after the first) and a gazillion other games. My little appartment is already getting crowded. My GF wouldn't be happy if I would buy another Doom box. And there are still so many new games to also try...

Heh, advantages of being married and a home owner. Our "bonus room" above the garage is where I store all my games (sometimes to my wife's chagrin, since she uses that as her craft room too).

-shnar

I want a house.... gui%C3%B1o.gif

When the hobby store here in town opened up, I asked the owner if he could get me some new Doom Dice...since mine (silk-screen) were almost totally faded. He did manage to get me a few sets...in fact, he got in like 7 sets. He made me a deal too...He would give me the Doom Dice if I bought Descent.

Well, Doom has not been touched since I discovered how much better Descent is. But, I still have all those dice :) I suspect they will be hard to find in the coming years :)

Oh, but the extra sets were silk-screen :(

Take a clear nailpolish to the silkscreened ones (or clear varnish you paint on miniatures) that will preserve them for a while...

-shnar

No offense to your Girlfriend or wife but a Man needs his cave and if we do not get it the marriage or relationship will suffer im married and if my wife tried to control my gaming in terms of space not time the _____ would hit the fan.

Just saying We as Men need to stop cowering to women cuz they think games are childish meanwhile they will spend countless hours feeding or breeding there fake cats on Facebook lol

Stand up for your Right to Fantasy Flight