200pt Waiqar - I like worms

By Rhargar, in Runewars List Building

Hello gents, please have a look on the following list. My idea is to use two units of two lancers each with rank discipline. They can work on their own and are not so dependently from tokens.

199 / 200

Ardus IxErebus x1

Reanimate Archers x2
--Training: Rank Discipline

Reanimate Archers x2

Reanimates x6
--Heavy: Support Carrion Lancer

Carrion Lancers x2

Carrion Lancers x2

Carrion Lancers x1

What do you think, is this list practicable?

I guess the main question would be how do you intend to use the worms? Throwing Rank Discipline on the two units suggests that you intend for these guys to charge into fights instead of using their ability, but what about the support lancer? If you're not swamping your opponent in blight then it's probably going to be better to not try at all, so I'd be worried that you're not getting your points worth out of that guy. Not trying to suggest you can't make it work, but it'll require a a bit more 'precision' to pull off blight combos.

Hello, I've tried this list yesterday evening. And yes, I've used the double lancer as a replacement for knights very aggressive. The lancers in these bigger units have done a great job.

One round they killed 6 knights instantly from a blighted unit of 2X2 knights in combat, after Ardus killed 2 knights before. And the lancer survived unharmed.

In another other combat the lancers fought another 2X2 unit of knights, this time without blight token, they received some wounds, but did constantly 2-3 wounds on the knights.

In my opinion you get a further option for the bigger worm unit, you can blight and/or act as aggressive close combat unit.

The use of the single lancer is reduced meanwhile, as my comrade knows its tricks. At the moment I use the single lancer as a re-director unit with the option to blight.